Kelowna Home Care Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

At Your Service 24/7 in Kelowna, BC

Home Instead Senior Care franchise owners possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in their community AND that's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help or just have a concern, our caring staff is available  to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs. 

Don Henke, Franchise Owner

Don Henke, Franchise Owner

Don has been active in the business community since 1975. Don, along with his wife Anita, saw the need for compassionate senior care in the Okanagan region and when the opportunity arose, they started a business in Kelowna in 2002. The doors opened May that year in West Kelowna and then moved to Kelowna in 2005. In 2011, Don and Anita began providing the same quality service in Penticton. The Kelowna and Penticton Home Instead Senior Care Office has provided quality non-medical services to over 1,000 clients since that first day. Don is involved in all aspects of the business: office administration, scheduling, meeting people in the community and home visits. He is also a volunteer leader in the community.

Nancy Dowding, Community Service Representative

​Nancy Joined our team in March 2012. Nancy began as a CAREGiver and thoroughly enjoyed assisting others, over time she moved into the Community Service Representative position. Nancy is very warm and compassionate and works diligently ensuring the community is aware of how Kelowna and Penticton Home Instead Senior Care may be of assistance

Kim Fuoco, Operations Manager

Kim Fuoco, Operations Manager

​Kim joined the office in 2010. Kim loves to work with the extremely compassionate CAREGivers. They provide her an endless source of energy. Kim's office responsibilities include CAREGiver recruitment, training, and all day to day activities of the business. 

Olwyn Tomlinson, Staff Coordinator

Olwyn Tomlinson, Staff Coordinator

​Olwyn joined the office in 2012, she will normally be the first voice you hear when calling in. When Olwyn speaks, you will feel her smiling on the other end! Upbeat and always ready to help, Olwyn ensures CAREGivers schedules are in line with clients needs.

Dena Adams

Dena Adams

​Dena graduated from Okanagan University College in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. She has worked as a Registered Nurse at Kelowna General Hospital in general medicine, wound care and oncology. She then spent 7 years working at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus as a clinical instructor and practice placement coordinator. Though she enjoyed working with nursing students she began to recognize that her passion for working with clients/patients/seniors was drawing her back to hands on care. She began working for Home Instead Senior Care in November 2014. Dena is the Client Care Coordinator, her main role is quality assurance which ensures that the care we provide meets or exceeds our expectations for quality care for the seniors we work with. Dena, also facilitates CAREGiver training.

John Carpenter, Bookkeeper

John Carpenter, Bookkeeper

​John joined the office in 2013 to help out with the books. Even if he seems to like numbers as much as people, he is happy to be involved in such a caring company.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.