Kelowna and Penticton Home Care Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

At Your Service 24/7 in Kelowna, BC and Penticton, BC

Home Instead Senior Care franchise owners possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in their community AND that's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help or just have a concern, our caring staff is available  to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs. 

Don Henke, Franchise Owner

Don Henke, Franchise Owner

Don stretched his entrepreneurial wings at the ripe old age of nine with his first paper route. He has been on the go since. As an active member of the business community since 1975, Don saw the need for compassionate senior care in the Okanagan region. 

When the opportunity arose, Don and his wife, Anita, opened Home Instead Senior Care in West Kelowna in May 2002. In 2005, the office moved to Kelowna. By 2011, the need for senior care in the valley was even more apparent so Don and Anita began offering the same high-quality service in Penticton. Since that first day, Home Instead Senior Care Kelowna and Penticton have served 1,200 clients with excellent non-medical care. 

Don is very proud that the first caregiver he hired is still a faithful employee with the company. Though no longer involved in all aspects of the business, Don is still actively involved and keeps abreast of all facets. He is a volunteer in the community and has worked with several organizations, including, the Kelowna Regatta, Interior Alzheimer’s Society, and Senior’s Outreach. 

Don and Anita found Home Instead Senior Care to the most appealing franchise option because each office draws on the experiences and knowledge of 800 franchises worldwide. They also use corporate and community resources towards ongoing training administrative staff and CAREGivers. 

Kim Fuoco, Operations Manager

Kim Fuoco, Operations Manager

​Kim joined the office in 2010. Kim loves to work with the extremely compassionate CAREGivers. They provide her an endless source of energy. Kim's office responsibilities include CAREGiver recruitment, training, and all day to day activities of the business. 

Olwyn Tomlinson, Staff Coordinator

Olwyn Tomlinson, Staff Coordinator

​Olwyn joined the office in 2012, she will normally be the first voice you hear when calling in. When Olwyn speaks, you will feel her smiling on the other end! Upbeat and always ready to help, Olwyn ensures CAREGivers schedules are in line with clients needs.

Dena Adams, Home Care Consultant

Dena Adams, Home Care Consultant

​Dena graduated from Okanagan University College in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. She has worked as a Registered Nurse at Kelowna General Hospital in general medicine, wound care and oncology. She then spent 7 years working at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus as a clinical instructor and practice placement coordinator. Though she enjoyed working with nursing students she began to recognize that her passion for working with clients/patients/seniors was drawing her back to hands on care. She began working for Home Instead Senior Care in November 2014. Dena is the Home Care Consultant. In this role she conducts quality assurance visits and connects with community members to provide information about our services. 

John Carpenter, Bookkeeper

John Carpenter, Bookkeeper

​John joined the office in 2013 to help out with the books. Even if he seems to like numbers as much as people, he is happy to be involved in such a caring company.

Joanne Firth, Office Administrator

Joanne Firth, Office Administrator

​After a 25 year career in advertising with the newspaper industry in the Lower Mainland, Joanne moved in a new direction with a second career with Home Instead Senior Care.  Joanne came to the Okanagan with her family of boys in 2008 as part of a relocation move due to her husband’s career. She  joined Home Instead Senior Care as an Administrative Assistant in September 2015 after nine years of caring for her elderly, blind mom. It seemed a perfect fit. She handles a wide variety of duties and  is very much a 'Jack of All Trades', keeping track of all the detail work behind the scenes. On any given day, she can be found doing everything from creating the monthly CAREGiver’s newsletter, to filing and scanning information on new clients and CAREGivers, working on Santa to a Senior or acting as a backup to the Scheduler.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.