Kelowna and Penticton Home Care Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

At Your Service 24/7 in Kelowna, BC and Penticton, BC

Vision Statement Photo and type.docx.jpegHome Instead Senior Care franchise owners possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in their community AND that's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help or just have a concern, our caring staff is available to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs. 

resize_Web Edit_Janine and Darryl and team.jpg

Image: Janine (far left) and Darryl (far right) with the Home Instead Kelowna & Penticton Office Team. 

Janine Karlsen & Darryl Mack

As owners of Home Instead Senior Care Kelowna and Penticton, Janine Karlsen and Darryl Mack combine their skills and experience to impact residents of Kelowna and Penticton. On July 1, 2018, Janine and Darryl took over from previous owners, Don Henke and Anita Johnson-Henke, continuing the legacy of caring for seniors in the Okanagan. 

“We consider this vital work and we strive to do it with dignity and respect.” – Janine Karlsen 

Janine is a registered nurse with a graduate degree in counselling and has over 25 years of experience working in every area of health care, including acute pediatrics, wellness and senior care. Darryl has an engineering background, taught at BCIT for many years, and currently works in exploration mining while contributing to Kelowna Home Instead. 

Janine and Darryl’s vision for Home Instead Senior Care Kelowna Penticton is to exceed expectations providing experiences and connections that enhance each person’s sense of worth and purpose and to do so with ease and joy. They aim to be powerful advocates for the seniors of the Okanagan and across Canada. 

Kim Fuoco, Operations Manager

Kim Fuoco, Operations Manager
Kim moved to Kelowna in 2009 and started employment with Home Instead Senior Care in 2010. She has over 20 years of experience in management roles.

She has had the opportunity to grow with the company and supports the office team to ensure clients and CAREGiver needs are met. 

Kim strongly believes that the company's strength comes from its wonderful CAREGivers. They provide, “Professional Care that embodies the core values of family, when family needs a supporting hand”.

Dena Adams, Home Care Consultant

Dena Adams, Home Care Consultant
Dena graduated from Okanagan University College in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. She has worked as a Registered Nurse at Kelowna General Hospital in general medicine, wound care and oncology. 

She then spent seven years working at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus as a clinical instructor and practice placement coordinator. Though she enjoyed working with nursing students, she began to recognize that her passion for working with clients/patients/seniors was drawing her back to hands-on care. She began working for Home Instead Senior Care in November 2014.

Dena is the Client Care Coordinator and her role includes conducting Care Consultations and care planning, and quality assurance which ensures that the care we provide meets or exceeds our expectations of quality care for the seniors we work with.

Hope Kelly, RCA Home Care Consultant

Hope Kelly, RCA Home Care Consultant
Having worked in healthcare for over 12 years, and Certified in Residential and Home Care, Hope brings a compassionate, client and family-centred approach as Home Instead's Home Care Consultant.

Her experience spans Community Care, Rehabilitation, Independent and Assisted Living, as well as Extended Care. 

Hope understands challenges faced by both health care professionals and families who seek care. She looks forward to connecting with families and community members, by presenting Public Education Programs and sharing how the Home Instead Senior Care Team can work to deliver home care solutions.

John Carpenter, Bookkeeper

John Carpenter, Bookkeeper

​John joined the office in 2013 to help out with the books. Even if he seems to like numbers as much as people, he is happy to be involved in such a caring company.

Lynn Morran, Recruitment & Training Coordinator

Lynn recently relocated from the Kootenays to Kelowna and is enjoying being closer to her adult kids. For the past 15 years, Lynn has worked in both Residential Care and Assisted living, ensuring that the seniors in her care are receiving quality care. Lynn feels that the seniors in her care have very much enriched her life.

She is excited to share her experience and train CAREGivers to be the best they can be, not only for our clients but for themselves as well. Lynn is a very compassionate person and takes pride in providing quality care. 

Outside of work, Lynn enjoys time with her family, being outdoors (camping, travel, music festivals, fishing), and tending to her Hibiscus and Calla lily plants. Being a lover of animals, she not only has a 5lb dog named Buford and a 27lb cat named Dexter, but she also takes care of the neighbourhood feral cats. 

Lynn is very proud to be a part of Home Instead Senior Care Kelowna and Penticton. The values, principals and compassion shown to everyone is a heartwarming experience. If you are interested in making a difference in a senior's life, Lynn would love to hear from you! 

Olwyn Tomlinson, Staff Coordinator

Olwyn Tomlinson, Staff Coordinator

​Olwyn joined the office in 2012, she will normally be the first voice you hear when calling in. When Olwyn speaks, you will feel her smiling on the other end! Upbeat and always ready to help, Olwyn ensures CAREGivers schedules are in line with clients needs.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.