Our Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Our Home Instead Senior Care Mississauga and Etobicoke teams enjoying a family day event​​

At Your Service 24/7 in Etobicoke, ON​​

Your Home Instead Senior Care in Etobicoke possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in the Etobicoke area incl​uding Bloor West Village & West Toronto. It's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help, our caring staff is on call to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs.

It's that simple. This is all we do and because the home care services your loved one or friend needs must come from someone you trust locally, Home Instead Senior Care office is passionate about exceeding the needs of the elderly in our community. We're not a giant corporation run from the top down - we're a community-based, friendly and responsive office right here in Etobicoke.

Call our Home Care specialists at (416) 239-2200 and they can schedule a complimentary in-home visit to discuss your needs and answer all of your questions

Today, many relationships are formed daily through CAREGivers who provide home care help to clients and their families who desire assistance with activities that used to be simple. Tasks like grabbing a can of soup from the top shelf, opening the mail, reading a book, folding laundry, tying shoelaces or scrapbooking family history are not as easy as they used to be for many seniors. ​​​ ​​

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner Working with seniors is something that was instilled upon me from a young age by my mother. When my mother was a volunteer visitor I would occasionally join her on her visits to see Katarina when I was about 8 years old. Katarina was Russian and spoke only a little bit of English. I still remember that Katarina would be in absolute amazement when I would put the straw in my drinking box – she had never seen anything like it and I would show her how it worked! In sharing the same passion with my mother, I continued on during my high school years volunteering at a Long Term Care facility & volunteer visiting also. Later in life when my grandmother was in Long Term Care, just over an hour away, I regularly went to visit her with my three children until she passed away in 2010. Seeing the enjoyment that she would get watching the children run around and engage her was priceless and truly memorable. Being the owner of Etobicoke’s Home Instead Senior Care allows me to work at my passion and sincerely feel like I am making a difference in a senior’s life. I am honored to have the privilege to provide services to our clients and it is something I take very personally.

Belinda Nazarowycz, RN

Belinda Nazarowycz, RN

​As a Registered Nurse, Belinda has a strong focus in Gerontology and is committed to allowing our aging community to be treated with dignity and empathy while preserving a person’s independence and self-respect. In her role Belinda's responsibilities are focused on delivery of service and ensuring top quality care for our clients. Her nursing background is a highly valuable asset when assisting clients and their families to develop the right Care Plan for their specific needs. Belinda evaluates the Care Plan with the Care Team, the client and the family to ensure delivery of high quality care and client satisfaction.

Dan Gallagher, Director of Community Relations

In his role, Dan Gallagher lets healthcare professionals in the Etobicoke and Mississauga area know about Home Instead Senior Care Services and helps families find immediate care in emergency situations. He will responsible for connecting Home Instead Senior Care in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities. Dan was selected because of his keen interest in seniors and his desire to help them maintain their independent lifestyle. Dan will be out in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities working with our community partners presenting our public education programs and sharing how Home Instead can help seniors and their families. Dan will also be involved in the community supporting non profit and other organizations that serve seniors.

Paul Alavathil, Director of Client Care

Paul Alavathil, Director of Client Care

Paul grew up in the westend and is grateful to now be able support his community.  His career with Home Instead has given him the opportunity to connect with the vast amount of resources that exist to family CAREGivers and their senior loved ones, including those provided by Home Instead Senior Care.  He is a good listener and will do his best to understand your unique needs and present you with only the very best of options.  His goal is return family caregivers to the role of spouses, sons and daughters and seniors to higher quality of life, by ensuring that your CAREGiver and solutions are "best-fit".

Cara Lacey, Care Consultation Specialist

As the Care Consultation Specialist, Cara meets with families and clients, listens to their concerns and needs and presents options for care based on her expertise. She works with the client and the family to develop an individualized Care Plan. She ensures that clients are best matched with compatible CAREGivers to receive the highest standard of care. Cara maintains personal, ongoing communication with the client and their family, as well as their CAREGiver, to achieve and maintain this goal. Cara has a background in Registered Massage Therapy, business and sales. She currently assists her aging parents, helping them to overcome daily challenges. Her experience and skills allow to her to better understand the needs of the client and their family. In her spare time, Cara is an Officer in the Canadian Forces Reserves working with the Cadet Instructors Cadre.

Diane Langan, Client Care Coordinator

Diane Langan, Client Care Coordinator

As the Client Care Coordinator, Diane’s focus is Quality Assurance. She ensures that the client is receiving the highest standard of care. By working with the client and their family, as well as the CAREGiver, she ensures the communication is always open to achieve and maintain that goal. Diane has a background working in elder care in a physical rehabilitation role. As well, caring for her father who lived with Alzheimer’s Disease and later was in palliative care has given Diane a very personal approach to her role.

Marie Jayawardena, Engagement & Service Manager

Marie Jayawardena,  Engagement & Service Manager

Marie worked in the Service Coordinator role for 3 years and accordingly, knows the importance of building solid relationships with both clients and CAREGivers.  Also, with an educational background in Psychology and Social Service work, as well as her experience caring for seniors in her community, Marie is able to better understand the needs of a loved one and their family members.   In order to ensure that our clients receive quality care, Marie will focus on listening to the needs of our CAREGivers and supporting their ongoing growth and development through such pursuits as Home Instead Education.

Mackenzie Veldboom, Service Coordinator

Mackenzie Veldboom, Service Coordinator

Born and raised in a small farm town outside of Windsor, Mackenzie first moved to Toronto when she was accepted into the University of Toronto and Sheridan College. After graduating, she also earned a Bachelor of Education from the University of Windsor. Now that she’s back in Toronto, she’s extremely pleased to be working as our Service Coordinator and a part-time tutor and teacher because she is able to help improve the lives of our community’s children and seniors. Mackenzie is always looking for the best CAREGiver for our clients and is more than happy to make any adjustments to existing schedules. She can be reached in the office from Sunday through to Thursday and will be working to impose one of her and her teammates core beliefs; providing service excellence!   ​

Kim Brine, Recruitment Coordinator

Kim Brine, Recruitment Coordinator

Kim grew up on a small farm just 2 hours outside of Etobicoke.  She went on to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice and Public Policy and then thereafter, post graduate studies in Human Resource Management.  She currently holds a CHRP designation ( Certified Human Resource) which will aid her well, in this particular role.   Amongst other things, Kim will focus he efforts on sourcing out, interviewing and hiring only the best CAREGivers in the community.   She will ensure our roster reflects the diversity required to meet the unique compatibility needs of our clients.   Kim loves that she is in a position to help seniors and the value in involves as she has seen her own parents care for her grandparents.​

Maria Cecilia DelaCruz, Weekend Supervisor

Born in the Philippines, Maria came to Canada as a young child and has called Etobicoke home since then. She is a former Home Instead CAREGiver and more importantly, a CAREGiver of the Year, so Maria intuitively understands the needs of both our staff and our clients.  As the Weekend Supervisor she will manage all scheduling needs as well and address inquiries regarding potential services. 

Cassandra Powell, ReCharge Client Care Coordinator

As a Nurse specializing in Geriatric care Cassandra has a passion for our ageing community. Cassandra will focus on building a plan of care for your loved one that best suits their changing needs. Regular quality visits allow her to work first hand with your CAREGiver to provide support and coaching to ensure your loved maintains the best quality care possible. Cassandra was a CAREGiver for many years for her own grandparents who suffered from Alzheimer’s and diabetes and understands first-hand the challenges of balancing life with the care of a loved one at home. This enthusiastic young woman will be a great resource for you and your family.

Patricia Szczepanik, Recharge Service Coordinator 

Patricia is a new graduate who has worked in the customer service industry for years, as a server, while she was studying in Sudbury, ON. She started working closely with seniors when she was just 16 years old and hasn’t stopped since. She has a diploma in Activation Co-ordinator/Gerontology and a degree in Gerontology, which both provided her with a specialized knowledge in meaningful therapeutic programs to enhance the quality of life for older adults as well as specialized knowledge in the field of aging. She is excited to be a part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to work in an environment where she can help provide care to those who need it and because she gets to do what she loves! As the team's ReCharge Service Coordinator, she is happy to assist our ReCharge clients with all of their scheduling needs. 

Erica Walrond, On Call Coordinator

Erica Walrond, On Call Coordinator

Erica recognizes the importance and value of providing high-quality client service excellence to our CAREGivers and most importantly our clients.  Erica has acquired several years of healthcare experience working within a facility setting as well as within the homecare environment.  Her ability to multi-task and demonstrate compassion and understanding is her prime focus in order to develop and maintain great relationships with both our clients and CAREGivers. She has an extensive background providing assistance to homecare agencies with their operational and business needs; she is available to assist you after hours.

Grayson Maxwell, Community Services Representative

As the Community Services Representative for Etobicoke, Grayson manages outreach and partnerships in our community. He is connected to the exclusive needs of seniors having spent many years working within this industry and he looks forward to the opportunity to elevate our seniors’ quality of life by working at Home Instead. He brings with him comprehensive knowledge and has a passion for helping others. He will collaborate with our community partners presenting our public education programs and sharing the many services Home Instead offers to seniors and their families. Grayson will also be involved in the community supporting non-profit and other organizations.

Grace Garcia, Service Coordinator

Grace Garcia, Service Coordinator

Born in the Philippines, Grace has called Canada her home for most of her life.  She has a long history of employment in administrative and service related jobs, but more relevantly she has previously served seniors in the Long Term Care field.  Having previously worked in the private sector she understands the needs and CAREGivers and clients and will work to ensuring the satisfaction of both.  She is family oriented and socially outgoing and undoubtedly, you will find her engaging as well.  In her role, she will work towards ensuring that clients are matched with CAREGivers that are compatible with them and the clients and vice versa and accordingly, she will strive to provide service excellence.​

Anita Russel, Office Coordinator

Anita Russel, Office Coordinator

Anita graduated from York University with a B.A. in Anthropology and Sheridan College with a Business diploma. Her studies covered health and society from a variety of perspectives, including aging populations. This was the beginning of a growing passion to work in an environment that proved to better the standards and quality of our communities. After years of working in accounting and administration Anita decided to pursue her passion once again by volunteering at a long term care facility. Now working with Home Instead Senior Care, Anita feels she is finally able to express compassion, while utilizing the skills she has collected in administrative rolls over the years. He major focus as Office Coordinator will be to provide outstanding support to our CAREgivers, to ensure that our clients in turn receive the highest level of compassionate care that Home Instead Senior Care provides

Jennifer Churchill, Education Coordinator

​As the Education Coordinator, Jennifer believes that the best way to improve the quality of life for seniors receiving our care, is to ensure that our CAREGivers and office staff, (as well as interested community members), receive high quality, practical training on an ongoing basis. Jennifer's prior work experience with Home Instead Senior Care is as a CAREGiver and Client Care Coordinator. She has additional work experience in rehabilitation and health education and achieved two science related degrees (Physiotherapy and Kinesiology). Her work and educational experience combine to make her an advocate and valuable educational resource for seniors and the individuals caring for them.

Ramona Sabau, Office Manager

Ramona Sabau,  Office Manager

Ramona Sabau has recently joined the Home Instead team as Office Manager. Ramona recognizes the importance and value of providing high-quality services to our CAREGivers, our office employees and our clients. Her extensive experience as office manager and her background in accounting are serving her in managing the payroll,  accounting,  client invoicing and all other day to day office challenges here at Home Instead. Ramona loves multi-tasking and helping people. She is very excited to be part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to do what she loves. In her spare time, Ramona likes to get outside and spend time with her family.

Shelley Coyne, Administration Manager

Shelley Coyne, Administration Manager

As Administrative Manager, Shelley is focused on client and CAREGiver satisfaction. She is instrumental in managing the payroll function, accounting services and client invoicing. Her previous work experience in the legal field has served her well in overseeing the day-to-day challenges of office management. Shelley is committed to providing the highest possible standard of service to both clients and staff alike.

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

"The harder I work the more I have of it" is a philosophy that Ray identifies with, and which he indicates, inspires him to grow. Ray finished his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the Philippines and has since had extensive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. He subsequently, furthered his skills by successfully completing courses in accounting and payroll administration. During those years that we worked for various companies providing accounting services, he also developed strong interpersonal skills and an natural ability to build strong and lasting relationships. Ray knows his talents are the right fit with Home Instead Senior Care, and in his own unique way, will support the business and provide service excellence.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.