Our Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

Our Home Instead Senior Care Mississauga and Etobicoke teams enjoying a family day event​​

At Your Service 24/7 in Etobicoke, ON​​

Your Home Instead Senior Care in Etobicoke possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in the Etobicoke area incl​uding Bloor West Village & West Toronto. It's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help, our caring staff is on call to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs.

It's that simple. This is all we do and because the home care services your loved one or friend needs must come from someone you trust locally, Home Instead Senior Care office is passionate about exceeding the needs of the elderly in our community. We're not a giant corporation run from the top down - we're a community-based, friendly and responsive office right here in Etobicoke.

Call our Home Care specialists at (416) 239-2200 and they can schedule a complimentary in-home visit to discuss your needs and answer all of your questions

Today, many relationships are formed daily through CAREGivers who provide home care help to clients and their families who desire assistance with activities that used to be simple. Tasks like grabbing a can of soup from the top shelf, opening the mail, reading a book, folding laundry, tying shoelaces or scrapbooking family history are not as easy as they used to be for many seniors. ​​​ ​​

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner Working with seniors is something that was instilled upon me from a young age by my mother. When my mother was a volunteer visitor I would occasionally join her on her visits to see Katarina when I was about 8 years old. Katarina was Russian and spoke only a little bit of English. I still remember that Katarina would be in absolute amazement when I would put the straw in my drinking box – she had never seen anything like it and I would show her how it worked! In sharing the same passion with my mother, I continued on during my high school years volunteering at a Long Term Care facility & volunteer visiting also. Later in life when my grandmother was in Long Term Care, just over an hour away, I regularly went to visit her with my three children until she passed away in 2010. Seeing the enjoyment that she would get watching the children run around and engage her was priceless and truly memorable. Being the owner of Etobicoke’s Home Instead Senior Care allows me to work at my passion and sincerely feel like I am making a difference in a senior’s life. I am honored to have the privilege to provide services to our clients and it is something I take very personally.

Dan Gallagher, Director of Community Relations

In his role, Dan Gallagher lets healthcare professionals in the Etobicoke and Mississauga area know about Home Instead Senior Care Services and helps families find immediate care in emergency situations. He will responsible for connecting Home Instead Senior Care in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities. Dan was selected because of his keen interest in seniors and his desire to help them maintain their independent lifestyle. Dan will be out in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities working with our community partners presenting our public education programs and sharing how Home Instead can help seniors and their families. Dan will also be involved in the community supporting non profit and other organizations that serve seniors.

Marie Jayawardena, Director of Client Care

Marie Jayawardena,  Director of Client Care

Marie worked in the Service Coordinator role for 3 years and accordingly, knows the importance of building solid relationships with both clients and CAREGivers.  Also, with an educational background in Psychology and Social Service work, as well as her experience caring for seniors in her community, Marie is able to better understand the needs of a loved one and their family members.   In order to ensure that our clients receive quality care, Marie will focus on listening to the needs of our CAREGivers and supporting their ongoing growth and development through such pursuits as Home Instead Education.

Paul Alavathil, Director of Client Care

Paul Alavathil, Director of Client Care

Paul grew up in the westend and is grateful to now be able support his community.  His career with Home Instead has given him the opportunity to connect with the vast amount of resources that exist to family CAREGivers and their senior loved ones, including those provided by Home Instead Senior Care.  He is a good listener and will do his best to understand your unique needs and present you with only the very best of options.  His goal is return family caregivers to the role of spouses, sons and daughters and seniors to higher quality of life, by ensuring that your CAREGiver and solutions are "best-fit".

Ramona Sabau, Office Manager

Ramona Sabau,  Office Manager

Ramona Sabau has recently joined the Home Instead team as Office Manager. Ramona recognizes the importance and value of providing high-quality services to our CAREGivers, our office employees and our clients. Her extensive experience as office manager and her background in accounting are serving her in managing the payroll,  accounting,  client invoicing and all other day to day office challenges here at Home Instead. Ramona loves multi-tasking and helping people. She is very excited to be part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to do what she loves. In her spare time, Ramona likes to get outside and spend time with her family.

Diane Langan, Client Care Coordinator

Diane Langan, Client Care Coordinator

As the Client Care Coordinator, Diane’s focus is Quality Assurance. She ensures that the client is receiving the highest standard of care. By working with the client and their family, as well as the CAREGiver, she ensures the communication is always open to achieve and maintain that goal. Diane has a background working in elder care in a physical rehabilitation role. As well, caring for her father who lived with Alzheimer’s Disease and later was in palliative care has given Diane a very personal approach to her role.

Ildiko Cserey, RPN, Client Care Coordinator

As a Registered Practical Nurse, Ildiko has many years of experience working with seniors in the community. It is her passion to provide compassionate care for the aging community. Ildiko was also a Registered Nurse in Hungary and the European Union. Growing up she took pride of her aunt’s work who was a community nurse at that time. Ildiko was amazed how much her aunt was able to help people in her community. She feels very fortunate being a part of the Mississauga Homeinstead team as a Client Care Coordinator, and looking forward to support clients, families and caregivers. In her free time Ildiko enjoys spending time with her family, friends and her dog.

Kevin Wilson, Community Service Representative

Kevin Wilson, Community Service Representative After over a decade of working in the customer service and entertainment industry, Kevin, knowing there was something else out there for him, went back to school, enrolling himself in the Social Service Worker program at George Brown College. With no idea where it may lead but a passion for working with people, Kevin found himself in a three-month school placement in a long-term care home where he instantly fell in love with the work and the older age community. A winter placement quickly turned into a summer contract as part of the programming department, which then led to Kevin starting his own small personal-care work business called Kevin’s Care. After three wonderful years, Kevin felt he was ready for another change; this time, a change that would allow him to help seniors on an even larger scale. That’s when he found Home Instead Senior Care. Kevin is now thrilled to be the new Community Sales Representative for Etobicoke and to be a valued member of this compassionate team who are leading the way in in-home senior care.

Maria Cecilia DelaCruz, Service Coordinator

Born in the Philippines, Maria came to Canada as a young child and has called Etobicoke home since then. She is a former Home Instead CAREGiver and more importantly, a CAREGiver of the Year, so Maria intuitively understands the needs of both our staff and our clients. As the Service Coordinator she will use her experience to schedule clients and CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.

Maria Varela, Recruitment Coordinator

Maria Varela, Recruitment Coordinator

As a Recruitment Coordinator, Maria is responsible for hiring the most qualified CAREGivers. Maria has a degree in Psychology and a Master degree in Human Resources Manager which helps her to have the necessary skills to recruit staff. Having 5 years of experience as a recruiter she knows how important it is to get high-qualified CAREGivers to represent Home Instead Senior Care. Working in the senior care industry makes Maria very happy because she feels she can make a difference to their lives giving them the respectful care they deserve.

Sara Eldajjan, On Call Coordinator

Sara Eldajjan, On Call Coordinator

Sara is energetic and passionate and she strives to improve the quality of life for others. Sara began working with seniors in her home country and after she graduated university, continued to work in the health care field. It was the personal experience with her grandmother that drove her to this particular field. She believes that caring for those who cared for us is an honour and a privilege. She believes in team work and team achievements. As an On Call Coordinator Sara will provide our clients and our CAREGivers with peace of mind.

Nancy Woodhouse, On Call Coordinator

Nancy Woodhouse, On Call Coordinator

Nancy has over twenty years of experience working with seniors, the last five with Home Instead and she was also our CAREGiver of the Year. She understands the importance of providing the best care possible to seniors. In this new role, Nancy will make scheduling arrangements, using CAREGivers that are most compatible with the senior. Nancy’s favorite quote is "Life is Not Measured the Number of Breaths You Take, But by the Moments That Take Your Breath Away" In her free time Nancy enjoys spending time with family and friends, especially her son and their three dogs. Nancy is a proud supporter of the Alzheimer Society of Toronto for which she participates and raises funds for their annual Walk for Memories

Jennifer Churchill, Education Coordinator

​As the Education Coordinator, Jennifer believes that the best way to improve the quality of life for seniors receiving our care, is to ensure that our CAREGivers and office staff, (as well as interested community members), receive high quality, practical training on an ongoing basis. Jennifer's prior work experience with Home Instead Senior Care is as a CAREGiver and Client Care Coordinator. She has additional work experience in rehabilitation and health education and achieved two science related degrees (Physiotherapy and Kinesiology). Her work and educational experience combine to make her an advocate and valuable educational resource for seniors and the individuals caring for them.

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper "The harder I work the more I have of it" is a philosophy that Ray identifies with, and which he indicates, inspires him to grow. Ray finished his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the Philippines and has since had extensive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. He subsequently, furthered his skills by successfully completing courses in accounting and payroll administration. During those years that we worked for various companies providing accounting services, he also developed strong interpersonal skills and an natural ability to build strong and lasting relationships. Ray knows his talents are the right fit with Home Instead Senior Care, and in his own unique way, will support the business and provide service excellence.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.