Contact Us

Interest choice is required
First Name Required
Last Name Required
Phone Required
Email Required
* indicates a required field. We respect your right to privacy - view our policy.

Our Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

At Your Service 24/7 in Etobicoke, ON​​

Your Home Instead Senior Care in Etobicoke possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in the Etobicoke area. It's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help, our caring staff is on call to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs.

It's that simple. This is all we do and because the home care services your loved one or friend needs must come from someone you trust locally, Home Instead Senior Care office is passionate about exceeding the needs of the elderly in our community. We're not a giant corporation run from the top down - we're a community-based, friendly and responsive office right here in Etobicoke.

Call our Home Care specialists at (416) 239-2200 and they can schedule a complimentary in-home visit to discuss your needs and answer all of your questions

Today, many relationships are formed daily through CAREGivers who provide home care help to clients and their families who desire assistance with activities that used to be simple. Tasks like grabbing a can of soup from the top shelf, opening the mail, reading a book, folding laundry, tying shoelaces or scrapbooking family history are not as easy as they used to be for many seniors. ​​​ ​​

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

​Working with seniors is something that was instilled upon me from a young age by my mother. When my mother was a volunteer visitor I would occasionally join her on her visits to see Katarina when I was about 8 years old. Katarina was Russian and spoke only a little bit of English. I still remember that Katarina would be in absolute amazement when I would put the straw in my drinking box – she had never seen anything like it and I would show her how it worked! In sharing the same passion with my mother, I continued on during my high school years volunteering at a Long Term Care facility & volunteer visiting also. Later in life when my grandmother was in Long Term Care, just over an hour away, I regularly went to visit her with my three children until she passed away in 2010. Seeing the enjoyment that she would get watching the children run around and engage her was priceless and truly memorable. Being the owner of Etobicoke’s Home Instead Senior Care allows me to work at my passion and sincerely feel like I am making a difference in a senior’s life. I am honored to have the privilege to provide services to our clients and it is something I take very personally.

Tom F., Vice President, Operations

Tom F., Vice President, Operations

“I was fortunate to have spent the majority of my childhood with all four grandparents. The advantages of having them nearby and learning valuable lessons such as, the power of integrity, importance of education and persistence of hard work, undoubtedly had a positive influence throughout every aspect of my life. They repeatedly advised, aging is a blessing and to live each day to the fullest. They were named, ‘The Greatest Generation’ for good reason”.

Tom’s natural aptitude for leadership has earned him an impressive track record of operational success as a change management & strategic leadership professional. From building and overhauling operational programs to driving cultural business transformation initiatives through his hands-on approach to leadership, Tom fosters a culture of collaboration, empowerment, accountability, employee engagement and customer satisfaction supported by his People, Process, Customer leadership philosophy. He states; “Joining the Home Instead team has been the highlight of my professional career. The opportunity to work with a team of dedicated, caring and focused individuals while being able to make each & every customer interaction a personal experience fills my heart with gratitude. Helping the seniors in our community and at the same, playing a vital part in changing the face of aging is an experience I can only describe as incredible”. Tom has a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Liverpool and prior to joining Home Instead, successfully held various operational positions for both national and internationally recognized brands. Through a combination of client focused strategies, an overall determination for excellence whilst Tom’s strong track record developing high performance teams are key focus areas to ensure Home Instead continues to enhance the quality of life for seniors and their families.

Mark DuHamel, General Manager

Mark DuHamel, General Manager

​As the General Manager, Mark is responsible for the leadership of all facets of Home Instead Senior Care’s Etobicoke team. He brings more than 25 years of professional experience in community development, not-for-profit leadership, multi-unit operations management and service delivery, tooling him to lead Home Instead Senior Care’s stellar operational and service delivery teams. In addition to leading teams of volunteers to assist and visit seniors earlier in his career, recently he also helped his family care for 3 grandparents, including one with dementia, during their sunset years and knows first hand how vitally important and impactful additional support is during these times. Prior to joining Home Instead Senior Care, Mark worked for Greyhound where he held progressively senior management roles specializing in multi-unit leadership and critical compliance management where he implemented the processes, people, and practices to create exceptional client experiences. Bringing a management sensibility and a naturally compassionate approach, Mark strives to live the Home Instead brand everyday because for him, it’s personal.

Dan Gallagher, Director of Community Relations

In his role, Dan Gallagher lets healthcare professionals in the Etobicoke and Mississauga area know about Home Instead Senior Care Services and helps families find immediate care in emergency situations. He will responsible for connecting Home Instead Senior Care in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities. Dan was selected because of his keen interest in seniors and his desire to help them maintain their independent lifestyle. Dan will be out in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities working with our community partners presenting our public education programs and sharing how Home Instead can help seniors and their families. Dan will also be involved in the community supporting non profit and other organizations that serve seniors.

Marie Jayawardena, Manager Standards & Services

Marie Jayawardena,  Manager Standards & Services

Marie worked in the Service Coordinator role for 3 years and accordingly, knows the importance of building solid relationships with both clients and CAREGivers.  Also, with an educational background in Psychology and Social Service work, as well as her experience caring for seniors in her community, Marie is able to better understand the needs of a loved one and their family members.   In order to ensure that our clients receive quality care, Marie will focus on listening to the needs of our CAREGivers and supporting their ongoing growth and development through such pursuits as Home Instead Education.

Paul Alavathil, Director of Business Development

Paul grew up in the westend and is grateful to now be able support his community.  His career with Home Instead has given him the opportunity to connect with the vast amount of resources that exist to family CAREGivers and their senior loved ones, including those provided by Home Instead Senior Care.  He is a good listener and will do his best to understand your unique needs and present you with only the very best of options.  His goal is return family caregivers to the role of spouses, sons and daughters and seniors to higher quality of life, by ensuring that your CAREGiver and solutions are "best-fit".

Diane Langan, Client Care Coordinator

Diane Langan, Client Care Coordinator

As the Client Care Coordinator, Diane’s focus is Quality Assurance. She ensures that the client is receiving the highest standard of care. By working with the client and their family, as well as the CAREGiver, she ensures the communication is always open to achieve and maintain that goal. Diane has a background working in elder care in a physical rehabilitation role. As well, caring for her father who lived with Alzheimer’s Disease and later was in palliative care has given Diane a very personal approach to her role.

Ildiko Cserey, RPN, Client Care Coordinator

As a Registered Practical Nurse, Ildiko has many years of experience working with seniors in the community. It is her passion to provide compassionate care for the aging community. Ildiko was also a Registered Nurse in Hungary and the European Union. Growing up she took pride of her aunt’s work who was a community nurse at that time. Ildiko was amazed how much her aunt was able to help people in her community. She feels very fortunate being a part of the Mississauga Homeinstead team as a Client Care Coordinator, and looking forward to support clients, families and caregivers. In her free time Ildiko enjoys spending time with her family, friends and her dog.

Maria Cecilia DelaCruz, Lead Service Coordinator

Born in the Philippines, Maria came to Canada as a young child and has called Etobicoke home since then. She is a former Home Instead CAREGiver and more importantly, a CAREGiver of the Year, so Maria intuitively understands the needs of both our staff and our clients. As the Service Coordinator she will use her experience to schedule clients and CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.

Karen Gabora, Service Coordinator

Karen Gabora, Service Coordinator

Karen has worked in customer service for over 35 years.  She chose to work in Senior Care because she is very passionate that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect no matter what age they are.  Karen likes to take on challenges and will do her best to get the job done properly.  She takes pride in any job she does. I am a very compassionate and caring person with a bubbly fun personability. I am also a very trust worthy and honest person. And I am honoured to be working with such an amazing company and great co-workers.

Belen Villacis, Key Player Assistant

Belen Villacis, Key Player Assistant

I come from a large and tight-knit family in which love was always part of our education and way of living; love amongst each other especially towards our grandparents and elders. Working at Home Instead gives me the opportunity to reflect that love with my community. I am a passionate professional, a reliable person and every day I strive to understand the needs of our clients and CAREGivers. My experience working in Human Resources and Administrative positions gave me the chance to improve my communication and empathy skills, which I put in practice with every call I receive, seeing it is a new chance to learn, improve and strengthen the bond between HISC, the seniors and their families.

Georgia Brown, On Call Coordinator

Georgia Brown, On Call Coordinator

As the On Call Coordinator Georgia brings her love for helping others to the role. She brings a lengthy background of over 25 years in Client Service and is committed to providing stellar service to both the clients and the Caregivers.
"Ever since I was a young girl I have always had a passion for working with seniors and the vulnerable in the community and I feel it is especially important to help those that are not fully capable of helping themselves".
Over the past few years I have had my own personal experiences with dealing with some of the many issues and challenges the elderly are faced with, which helps me to empathize and understand our Home Instead clients on a deeper level.
In my spare time I enjoy listening to music and spending quality time with my family and friends.

Maria Varela, Recruitment Coordinator

Maria Varela, Recruitment Coordinator

As a Recruitment Coordinator, Maria is responsible for hiring the most qualified CAREGivers. Maria has a degree in Psychology and a Master degree in Human Resources Manager which helps her to have the necessary skills to recruit staff. Having 5 years of experience as a recruiter she knows how important it is to get high-qualified CAREGivers to represent Home Instead Senior Care. Working in the senior care industry makes Maria very happy because she feels she can make a difference to their lives giving them the respectful care they deserve.

Jennifer Churchill, Education Coordinator

​As the Education Coordinator, Jennifer believes that the best way to improve the quality of life for seniors receiving our care, is to ensure that our CAREGivers and office staff, (as well as interested community members), receive high quality, practical training on an ongoing basis. Jennifer's prior work experience with Home Instead Senior Care is as a CAREGiver and Client Care Coordinator. She has additional work experience in rehabilitation and health education and achieved two science related degrees (Physiotherapy and Kinesiology). Her work and educational experience combine to make her an advocate and valuable educational resource for seniors and the individuals caring for them.

Ramona Sabau, Enterprise Administration Manager

Ramona Sabau,  Enterprise Administration Manager

​As the Enterprise Administration Manager, Ramona recognizes the importance and value of providing high-quality services to our CAREGivers, our office employees and our clients. Her extensive experience as office manager and her background in accounting are serving her in managing the payroll, accounting, client invoicing and all other day to day office challenges here at Home Instead. Ramona loves multi-tasking and helping people. She is very excited to be part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to do what she loves. In her spare time, Ramona likes to get outside and spend time with her family.

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper "I am a greater believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work the more I have of it" is a quote by Thomas Jeffreson that Ray identifies with and which inspires him.  Ray finished his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the Philippines and has since had extensive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. He furthered his skills by successfully completing courses in accounting and payroll administration.  During those years, he worked for various companies providing accounting services.  He also developed strong interpersonal skills and an natural ability to build strong and lasting relationships. Ray knows his talents are the right fit with Home Instead Senior Care, and in his own unique way, will support the business and provide service excellence.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones. (Privacy Policy)

Please select at least one newsletter.

Valid first name is required
Valid last name is required
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.