Our Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

​​​​​​​Home Instead Senior Care Team​​

At Your Service 24/7 in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON

The need for in-home senior care services doesn't always arise between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on a weekday. That's why our team stands ready to serve you any day of the week, at any hour of the day or night. You can always reach us by phone at (260) 485-2424 to get help setting up home care for a family member.

We have come together as a group of dedicated professionals to deliver a home care solution that meets your needs. We employ trained, screened and bonded CAREGiversSMto serve your family's senior loved one with compassion and devotion.

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Working with seniors is something that was instilled upon me from a young age by my mother. When my mother was a volunteer visitor I would occasionally join her on her visits to see Katarina when I was about 8 years old. Katarina was Russian and spoke only a little bit of English. I still remember that Katarina would be in absolute amazement when I would put the straw in my drinking box – she had never seen anything like it and I would show her how it worked! In sharing the same passion with my mother, I continued on during my high school years volunteering at a Long Term Care facility & volunteer visiting also. Later in life when my grandmother was in Long Term Care, just over an hour away, I regularly went to visit her with my three children until she passed away in 2010. Seeing the enjoyment that she would get watching the children run around and engage her was priceless and truly memorable. Being the owner of Kitchener Waterloo's Home Instead Senior Care allows me to work at my passion and sincerely feel like I am making a difference in a senior's life. I am honored to have the privilege to provide services to our clients and it is something I take very personally.

Greg Bechard, Franchise Owner

Greg Bechard, Franchise Owner

​Greg, father to Liam and Ava, and husband to Shelley, is well known in the field of home care, but his roots have simple beginnings as his earliest recollections of senior activism refer to a time when his mom was involved with charities like Meals on Wheels and encouraged him and his siblings to do the same. Today, his sits on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Home Care Association, has strong ties to the Alzheimer Society and focusses the efforts of the Kitchener Waterloo office on philanthropy, public education and community outreach. He is an author of the book Trusted Transitions, was presented the Advocacy Award by Home Instead Corporate for his tireless efforts, and will drive Home Instead Kitchener Waterloo to exceed the expectations of seniors and their families, by striving for service excellence.

Ann Gray, Managing Director

Ann Gray, Managing Director

Ann worked in senior management roles for several years before returning to health care and Home Instead Senior Care in 2017.   Having started her career as a Nurse she has insight into the unique needs of seniors and the challenges that family caregivers experience.

Ann relocated with her family to Waterloo in 1996 and community activism is a also priority.  She has volunteered for Heart & Stroke, Cancer Society and held various board member positions including the Children's Museum, AIESEC at Wilfred Laurier University and Chair of the Membership Development Committee for the KW Chamber of Commerce. 

Her greatest pleasure has always been helping people and organizations exceed their goals and helping seniors live as independently as possible.  She feels blessed to have a loving and supportive family who understand her passion for seniors and those who provide their care.

Lynn Parsons, Office Manager

Lynn Parsons, Office Manager

I started working with Home Instead Senior Care in November 2004 as a CAREGiver. I joined the office team in July 2006. At first it was difficult, as the move resulted in giving up my longstanding clients and the relationships we had developed. However, working in the office allows me to help our CAREGivers build new and meaningful client relationships of their own. Also, I now have exposure to all of our clients and their families and I continue to enjoy building relationships with them.  In addition to general office management, I provide support to all of our other team members as required. Prior to working with Home Instead, I worked as a dental office manager in Oakville. I am a mother to three amazing young adults. To me, it’s all about family and being there for one another.

Brenda Kirkby, Service Coordinator

Brenda Kirkby, Service Coordinator

I joined Home Instead Senior Care in 2013 and was immediately impressed with the warm and welcoming atmosphere throughout the organization. It was very apparent that this was a team extremely dedicated to helping seniors in difficult circumstances by showing compassion, practicality and integrity.  As the head of scheduling, it is always my goal to match every client with the right CAREGiver in order to meet their needs. Prior to working for Home Instead Senior Care, I was employed as a medical administrative assistant to a family doctor for 34 years until he retired.  I thoroughly enjoyed my job and found helping the patients to be very rewarding. Thankfully, I find the same satisfaction working with our clients and CAREGivers here at Home Instead. I have been married to my husband, Terry, for 36 years and together we have three sons.​

Catherine Harrington, Human Resources Manager

Catherine has an extensive background in all things HR related and is a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP); she has previously worked in social services, academic, and manufacturing environments. Catherine is passionate about the recruitment and development of CAREGivers to ensure our clients get exceptional personalized care.

Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Catherine has lived in Waterloo for the last six years. Having completed a B.A. at the University of Guelph and a post-graduate certificate at Conestoga College, Catherine is now completing her Master's of Human Resources Management at York University. Outside of work, Catherine is on the Board of Directors for a Waterloo region non-profit organization.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.