Reap rewards beyond measure -- and get paid, too. Home Instead Senior Care® CAREGiversSM represent a lifeline for families in your area.
But the real payoff comes from the satisfaction of knowing you made one family's life a little happier and less stressful today. Please explore our current job openings below and take the first step towards employment.
Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
What you can expect from us:
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team, for Overnights and Weekends, to join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
What you can expect from us:
We are Home Instead Senior Care® of Kitchener-Waterloo, and we have an exciting new opportunity for an individual who excels in an HR & training environment! As one of the community’s most trusted and established non-medical senior home care providers, we are committed to the highest quality of service and enhancing the lives of our local seniors. We take pride in hiring individuals who are trustworthy, warmhearted, hold themselves accountable, possess positive attitudes, are caring, and most importantly, want to help make a meaningful difference in the quality of life of our community’s seniors.
We’re glad we got your attention. If the above description sounds like you, please continue reading.
The Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties for the recruitment and on-going engagement of CAREGivers. This team member is expected to recruit, screen, hire, train and engage - through regular correspondence, functions and initiatives - a staff of dedicated CAREGivers. The successful candidate will have a strong HR background coupled with classroom training experience.
- To always reflect the core values of Home Instead Senior Care®
- Answer each employment inquiry in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner
- Develop and implement new recruitment strategies online and within the community
- Schedule and conduct applicant interviews in an efficient and professional manner
- Following the Home Instead Senior Care® Standards; conduct reference checks, criminal background checks, etc. on all CAREGivers
- Create and maintain all employment records and employment related documents
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver orientation and all training, including training required to meet Home Instead Standards and additional, optional training
- Develop engagement strategies to promote CAREGiver retention and satisfaction
- Schedule and conduct annual reviews and all supervision including regular performance conversations, accountabilities, and problem resolution
- Work in partnership with the Scheduling Department to coordinate CAREGiver schedules, with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and extraordinary relationships
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing Home Instead’s software systems
- Prepare and publish the monthly CAREGiver newsletter within the deadline
- Evaluate and update all orientation and training materials as needed
- Plan and successfully execute all CAREGiver meetings
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local and federal labour & safety laws
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Conduct quality assurance checks periodically outside of the office
- Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions as required
- Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as required
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and their family members
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Perform on call duties for the after hours emergency phone line on a rotating schedule basis
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
- College/University level education with a focus on Human Resources and/or Adult Education
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
- Knowledge of the senior care industry is an asset
- Must be able to effectively supervise and manage a large group of CAREGivers
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally via email, telephone, and in person to uphold company brand integrity
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and be comfortable speaking in front of small to large groups
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must take initiative, consistently be self-motivated and effectively self-manage
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity, and fair-mindedness consistent with office standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly work assignments
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, CAREGivers and the community
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Must demonstrate excellent organization skills and time management
- Must have the ability to perform on call duties outside of regular business hours
Home Instead, Inc. began franchising in 1995. Today, the Home Instead Senior Care® network has grown to include more than 1,000 franchises around the world, including the office in Kitchener-Waterloo. While our franchise network is international, our office is local. We have had the sincere pleasure of serving our local seniors since 2002. As one of the largest and most trusted non-medical senior home care providers in K-W, we make it our priority to always put people first. Our experienced and dedicated team members work hard every day to uphold the trust that our community’s seniors and their loved ones place in us to care for them with compassion, dignity and integrity. We're here to help. To us at Home Instead®, senior home care is personal!
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.