Workshop 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Presenters: Dr. Marjorie Moulton – CEO of We Rage We Weep Alzheimer's Care, Peggy Hancyk – Community Relations with Home Instead Senior Care
This presentation will be provided by We Rage We Weep Alzheimer Foundation based on their Personal Wellbeing Initiative; a program to educate, consult on and assist in selecting the best, most appropriate technologies for persons with dementia, their caregivers and families supporting independence, enhancing safety, providing peace of mind.
• Why technology for a person with dementia, their caregivers and families?
• When should technology be considered?
• Where do you go for information?
• What types of technologies are available?
• How does the technology work?
• Finally some recommendations, suggestions and thoughts.
The presentation will be followed by a Technology Petting Zoo where attendees will be able to see, touch and experience some of the technologies available.
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.