Workshop 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Presenters: Dr. Marjorie Moulton – CEO of We Rage We Weep Alzheimer's Care, Peggy Hancyk – Community Relations with Home Instead Senior Care
This presentation will be provided by We Rage We Weep Alzheimer Foundation based on their Personal Wellbeing Initiative; a program to educate, consult on and assist in selecting the best, most appropriate technologies for persons with dementia, their caregivers and families supporting independence, enhancing safety, providing peace of mind.
• Why technology for a person with dementia, their caregivers and families?
• When should technology be considered?
• Where do you go for information?
• What types of technologies are available?
• How does the technology work?
• Finally some recommendations, suggestions and thoughts.
The presentation will be followed by a Technology Petting Zoo where attendees will be able to see, touch and experience some of the technologies available.