Our Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​ ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Our Home Instead Senior Care Mississauga and Etobicoke teams enjoying a family day event

​​​​​​​​

​At Your Service 24/7 in Mississauga

Your Home Instead Senior Care in Mississauga possess a heartfelt desire to work with seniors in the Mississauga area including Streetsville, Clarkson, Port Credit & Applewood. It's the reason why they were chosen to serve seniors and their families.

When you're ready for help, our caring staff is on call to quickly answer your questions and accommodate your senior services needs.

It's that simple. This is all we do and because the home care services your loved one or friend needs must come from someone you trust locally, Home Instead Senior Care office is passionate about exceeding the needs of the elderly in our community. We're not a giant corporation run from the top down - we're a community-based, friendly and responsive office right here in Mississauga.

Call us at (905) 276-2273 and our Home Care specialists can schedule a complimentary in-home visit to discuss your needs and answer all of your questions

Today, many relationships are formed daily through CAREGivers who provide home care help to clients and their families who desire assistance with activities that used to be simple. Tasks like grabbing a can of soup from the top shelf, opening the mail, reading a book, folding laundry, tying shoelaces or scrapbooking family history are not as easy as they used to be for many seniors.​​​ ​​

Greg Bechard, Franchise Owner

Greg Bechard, Franchise Owner

Greg, father to Liam and Ava, and husband to Shelley, is well known in the field of home care, but his roots have simple beginnings as his earliest recollections of senior activism refer to a time when his mom was involved with charities like Meals on Wheels and encouraged him and his siblings to do the same.  Today, his sits on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Home Care Association, has strong ties to the Alzheimer Society Peel (including partnership in the Caregiver ReCharge Program) and focusses the efforts of the Mississauga office on philanthropy, public education and community outreach.  He is an author of the book Trusted Transitions, was presented the Advocacy Award by Home Instead Corporate for his tireless efforts, and since 2009 has driven Home Instead Mississauga to exceed the expectations of over 1000 seniors and their families, by striving for service excellence.

Brenda Enright, Managing Director

Brenda Enright, Managing Director

​Working with seniors is something that was instilled upon me from a young age by my mother. When my mother was a volunteer visitor I would occasionally join her on her visits to see Katarina when I was about 8 years old. Katarina was Russian and spoke only a little bit of English. I still remember that Katarina would be in absolute amazement when I would put the straw in my drinking box – she had never seen anything like it and I would show her how it worked! In sharing the same passion with my mother, I continued on during my high school years volunteering at a Long Term Care facility & volunteer visiting also. Later in life when my grandmother was in Long Term Care, just over an hour away, I regularly went to visit her with my three children until she passed away in 2010. Seeing the enjoyment that she would get watching the children run around and engage her was priceless and truly memorable. Being with Home Instead Senior Care allows me to work at my passion and sincerely feel like I am making a difference in a senior’s life. I am honoured to have the privilege to provide services to our clients and it is something I take very personally.

Paul Alavathil, Director of Client Care

Paul Alavathil, Director of Client Care

Paul grew up in the Mississauga and is grateful to now be able support his community.  His career with Home Instead has given him the opportunity to connect with the vast amount of resources that exist to family caregivers and their senior loved ones, including those provided by Home Instead Senior Care.  He is a good listener and will do his best to understand your unique needs and present you with only the very best of options.  His goal is return family caregivers to the role of spouses, sons and daughters and seniors to higher quality of life, by ensuring that your CAREGiver and solutions are "best-fit".

Dan Gallagher, Director of Community Relations

In his role, Dan Gallagher lets healthcare professionals in the community know about Home Instead Senior Care services and helps families find immediate care in emergency situations. He will responsible for connecting Home Instead Senior Care in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities. Dan was selected because of his keen interest in seniors and his desire to help them maintain their independent lifestyle. Dan will be out in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities working with our community partners presenting our public education programs and sharing how Home Instead can help seniors and their families. Dan will also be involved in the community supporting non profit and other organizations that serve seniors.

Ramona Sabau, Office Manager

Ramona Sabau, Office Manager

Ramona Sabau has recently joined the Home Instead team as Office Manager. Ramona recognizes the importance and value of providing high-quality services to our CAREGivers, our office employees and our clients. Her extensive experience as office manager and her background in accounting are serving her in managing the payroll,  accounting,  client invoicing and all other day to day office challenges here at Home Instead. Ramona loves multi-tasking and helping people. She is very excited to be part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to do what she loves. In her spare time, Ramona likes to get outside and spend time with her family.

Mary Mantei, Client Care Coordinator

Mary Mantei, Client Care Coordinator

Mary has a passion for helping people and is very excited to be working with seniors in her community. She attended McMaster University where she majored in Biology while minoring in Commerce. Having worked in the medical field for many years, she has had the opportunity to witness the aging process and identify the challenges that may come with it. Using this knowledge, she plans to build strong relationships with seniors and their families and assist them in making the best decisions for their loved ones. Her desire is to treat each client how she would expect her own family members to be treated in the same situation.

Connie Sudeyko, Client Care Coordinator

Connie Sudeyko, Client Care Coordinator

Connie first began her career caring for the vulnerable at Children's Aid Society of Peel.  Her many experiences there taught her the value of trust and the importance of building relationships.  After taking some time off to raise her family, she once again  felt the call to care for individuals in the community, but this time with seniors at Home Instead as a CAREGiver.  She found her time with seniors extremely rewarding and has now become the Client Care Coordinator.  Connie brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience, having worked directly with many seniors, and is truly dedicated to enhancing the lives of others.  She is excited to collaborate with you to ensure you receive the highest standard of care, quality and excellence.

Patricia Szczepanik, Service Care Coordinator

Patricia is a new graduate who has worked in the customer service industry for years, as a server, while she was studying in Sudbury, ON. She started working closely with seniors when she was just 16 years old and hasn’t stopped since. She has a diploma in Activation Co-ordinator/Gerontology and a degree in Gerontology, which both provided her with a specialized knowledge in meaningful therapeutic programs to enhance the quality of life for older adults as well as specialized knowledge in the field of aging. She is excited to be a part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to work in an environment where she can help provide care to those who need it and because she gets to do what she loves! As the team's Service Care Coordinator, she is happy to assist our clients with all of their scheduling needs. 

Rosie Jabbal, Service Coordinator

Rosie Jabbal, Service Coordinator

Rosie has a flair for excellent customer service. While she was at Sheridan College, earning her Business Administrative and Human Resources diploma, she worked as a restaurant manager. Her extensive background in this field allowed her to gain superior hospitable skills. However, Rosie wanted to apply her skills and attributes in an environment that would do more to help others and her community. As one of our Service Coordinators, Rosie will use her knowledge and experience to provide our clients with the best service possible. She understands how important consistency and compatibility is during this time in a senior’s life and will search diligently for the perfect CAREGiver. She knows she is ready and capable to meet the highest levels of client satisfaction that Home Instead Senior Care is known for.

Shanyce Balgrove, Service Coordinator Assistant

Since the age of 17, Shanyce has had a passion for working with older adults. She has always felt that there aren’t enough people advocating for them so she made it her duty to find herself a career that benefits older adults and enhances their quality of life. Shanyce has over 4 years of practicum and volunteer experience in the senior care field. She also has a strong customer service background having previously worked in retail in and the hospitality industry. Shanyce also has experience working in long-term care homes, retirement homes and assisted living homes. During her time there, she gained many skill, as she worked with social workers, activation-coordinators, personal support workers, and memory care workers. Shanyce holds a Social Service Work-Gerontology diploma from Sheridan College. She is excited at the prospect of assisting older adults live comfortably in their home with the assistance of Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers.

Sara Eldajjan, On Call Coordinator

Sara Eldajjan, On Call Coordinator

Sara is energetic and passionate and she strives to improve the quality of life for others. Sara began working with seniors in her home country and after she graduated university, continued to work in the health care field. It was the personal experience with her grandmother that drove her to this particular field. She believes that caring for those who cared for us is an honour and a privilege. She believes in team work and team achievements. As an On Call Coordinator Sara will provide our clients and our CAREGivers with peace of mind.

Nancy Woodhouse, On Call Coordinator

Nancy Woodhouse, On Call Coordinator

Nancy has over twenty years of experience working with seniors, the last five with Home Instead and she was also our CAREGiver of the Year. She understands the importance of providing the best care possible to seniors. In this new role, Nancy will make scheduling arrangements, using CAREGivers that are most compatible with the senior. Nancy’s favorite quote is "Life is Not Measured the Number of Breaths You Take, But by the Moments That Take Your Breath Away" In her free time Nancy enjoys spending time with family and friends, especially her son and their three dogs. Nancy is a proud supporter of the Alzheimer Society of Toronto for which she participates and raises funds for their annual Walk for Memories

Terrilyn Barker, Office Coordinator

Terrilyn Barker, Office Coordinator

Terrilyn grew up on an agricultural community 2 hours west of Etobicoke. In helping out with the family business, she understood at an early age the impact of quality customer service. During her time at Lakehead University, while taking a course involving the vulnerable sector, Terrilyn developed an interest in volunteerism and thereafter in working with seniors. She has since worked as a Recreationalist in both Long Term Care and in Adult Day Program settings for almost 4.5 years. In this role she will ensure that our Service Coordinators are supported sufficiently, and that she and this team work towards providing our clients with Service Excellence.

Jennifer Churchill, Education Coordinator

As the Education Coordinator, Jennifer believes that the best way to improve the quality of life for seniors receiving our care, is to ensure that our CAREGivers and office staff, (as well as interested community members), receive high quality, practical training on an ongoing basis. Jennifer's prior work experience with Home Instead Senior Care is as a CAREGiver and Client Care Coordinator. She has additional work experience in rehabilitation and health education and achieved two science related degrees (Physiotherapy and Kinesiology). Her work and educational experience combine to make her an advocate and valuable educational resource for seniors and the individuals caring for them. ​

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

"The harder I work the more I have of it" is a philosophy that Ray identifies with, and which he indicates, inspires him to grow. Ray finished his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the Philippines and has since had extensive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. He subsequently, furthered his skills by successfully completing courses in accounting and payroll administration. During those years that we worked for various companies providing accounting services, he also developed strong interpersonal skills and an natural ability to build strong and lasting relationships. Ray knows his talents are the right fit with Home Instead Senior Care, and in his own unique way, will support the business and provide service excellence.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.