Contact Us

Interest choice is required
First Name Required
Last Name Required
Phone Required
Email Required
* indicates a required field. We respect your right to privacy - view our policy.

Our Team

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Our Team

​​​​​​​​Home Instead Senior Care Team​​

At Your Service 24/7 throughout the York Region

The need for in-home senior care services doesn't always arise between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on a weekday. That's why our team stands ready to serve you any day of the week, at any hour of the day or night. You can always reach us by phone at (905) 597-4757 to get help setting up home care for a family member.

We have come together as a group of dedicated professionals to deliver a home care solution that meets your needs. We employ trained, screened and bonded CAREGiversSMto serve your family's senior loved one with compassion and devotion.
​​​ ​​

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Brenda Enright, Franchise Owner

Working with seniors is something that was instilled upon me from a young age by my mother. When my mother was a volunteer visitor I would occasionally join her on her visits to see Katarina when I was about 8 years old. Katarina was Russian and spoke only a little bit of English. I still remember that Katarina would be in absolute amazement when I would put the straw in my drinking box – she had never seen anything like it and I would show her how it worked! In sharing the same passion with my mother, I continued on during my high school years volunteering at a Long Term Care facility & volunteer visiting also. Later in life when my grandmother was in Long Term Care, just over an hour away, I regularly went to visit her with my three children until she passed away in 2010. Seeing the enjoyment that she would get watching the children run around and engage her was priceless and truly memorable. Being the owner of Etobicoke’s Home Instead Senior Care allows me to work at my passion and sincerely feel like I am making a difference in a senior’s life. I am honored to have the privilege to provide services to our clients and it is something I take very personally.

Greg Bechard, Franchise Owner

Greg Bechard, Franchise Owner

Greg, father to Liam and Ava, and husband to Shelley, is well known in the field of home care, but his roots have simple beginnings as his earliest recollections of senior activism refer to a time when his mom was involved with charities like Meals on Wheels and encouraged him and his siblings to do the same.  Today, his sits on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Home Care Association, has strong ties to the Alzheimer Society Peel (including partnership in the Caregiver ReCharge Program) and focusses the efforts of the Mississauga office on philanthropy, public education and community outreach.  He is an author of the book Trusted Transitions, was presented the Advocacy Award by Home Instead Corporate for his tireless efforts, and since 2009 has driven Home Instead to exceed the expectations of over 1000 seniors and their families, by striving for service excellence.

Dan Gallagher, Director of Community Relations

In his role, Dan Gallagher lets healthcare professionals in the Richmond Hill and Vaughan area know about Home Instead Senior Care Services and helps families find immediate care in emergency situations. Dan was selected because of his keen interest in seniors and his desire to help them maintain their independent lifestyle. Dan will be out in the Etobicoke and Mississauga communities working with our community partners presenting our public education programs and sharing how Home Instead can help seniors and their families. Dan will also be involved in the community supporting non profit and other organizations that serve seniors.

Claudia Rites, Care Coordinator

Claudia Rites, Care Coordinator

As a Social Service Worker with over 12 years of professional experience supporting seniors in day programs, one-on-one counselling and in-home caregiving, Claudia is well versed and committed to enhancing the lives of senior citizens across York Region. She has supported elderly people living with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression.  

Personally, she was a caregiver for her mom who was diagnosed with brain cancer – and supported every aspect of her care, from treatments, to doctor’s appointments and palliative care until her death. Currently, she is the primary caregiver for her dad who is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. 

Claudia understands firsthand what a challenge caregiving can be while juggling work and family life, and strives to provide the right guidance and support for seniors and their family caregivers.  

Paul Alavathil, Director of Business Development

​Paul is grateful to now be able support his community.  His career with Home Instead has given him the opportunity to connect with the vast amount of resources that exist to family CAREGivers and their senior loved ones, including those provided by Home Instead Senior Care.  He is a good listener and will do his best to understand your unique needs and present you with only the very best of options.  His goal is return family caregivers to the role of spouses, sons and daughters and seniors to higher quality of life, by ensuring that your CAREGiver and solutions are "best-fit".

Marie Jayawardena, Manager Standards & Services

Marie Jayawardena,  Manager Standards & Services

​Marie worked in the Service Coordinator role for 3 years and accordingly, knows the importance of building solid relationships with both clients and CAREGivers.  Also, with an educational background in Psychology and Social Service work, as well as her experience caring for seniors in her community, Marie is able to better understand the needs of a loved one and their family members.   In order to ensure that our clients receive quality care, Marie will focus on listening to the needs of our CAREGivers and supporting their ongoing growth and development through such pursuits as Home Instead Education.

Jennifer Churchill, Education Coordinator

As the Education Coordinator, Jennifer believes that the best way to improve the quality of life for seniors receiving our care, is to ensure that our CAREGivers and office staff, (as well as interested community members), receive high quality, practical training on an ongoing basis. Jennifer's prior work experience with Home Instead Senior Care is as a CAREGiver and Client Care Coordinator. She has additional work experience in rehabilitation and health education and achieved two science related degrees (Physiotherapy and Kinesiology). Her work and educational experience combine to make her an advocate and valuable educational resource for seniors and the individuals caring for them.​

Ramona Sabau, Office Manager

Ramona Sabau, Office Manager

​As the Office Manager, Ramona recognizes the importance and value of providing high-quality services to our CAREGivers, our office employees and our clients. Her extensive experience as office manager and her background in accounting are serving her in managing the payroll,  accounting,  client invoicing and all other day to day office challenges here at Home Instead. Ramona loves multi-tasking and helping people. She is very excited to be part of the Home Instead Senior Care team because she gets to do what she loves. In her spare time, Ramona likes to get outside and spend time with her family.

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

Ray Bagaoisan, Bookkeeper

​"I am a greater believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work the more I have of it" is a quote by Thomas Jeffreson that Ray identifies with and which inspires him.  Ray finished his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the Philippines and has since had extensive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. He furthered his skills by successfully completing courses in accounting and payroll administration.  During those years, he worked for various companies providing accounting services.  He also developed strong interpersonal skills and an natural ability to build strong and lasting relationships. Ray knows his talents are the right fit with Home Instead Senior Care, and in his own unique way, will support the business and provide service excellence.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones. (Privacy Policy)

Please select at least one newsletter.

Valid first name is required
Valid last name is required
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.