Type size

Our office

serves East Edmonton, including Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Beaumont, Leduc, Wetaskiwin, Calmar, Gibbons, Millet, Red Deer, Camrose, Lacombe, Vegreville, Ponoka, Stettler and Innisfail.
Select a different office

Contact Us

Interest choice is required
First Name Required
Last Name Required
Phone Required
Email Required
* indicates a required field. We respect your right to privacy - view our policy.

Home Care Team Edmonton, AB

1. Home
  2. About Us
  3. Home Care Team

HISC Team Photo.jpgAt Your Service 24/7 in Edmonton, AB

The need for in-home senior care services doesn't always arise between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on a weekday. That's why our team stands ready to serve you any day of the week, at any hour of the day or night. You can always reach us by phone at (780) 465-5373 to get help setting up home care for a family member.

We have come together as a group of dedicated professionals to deliver a home care solution that meets your needs. We employ trained, screened and bonded CAREGiversSMto serve your family's senior loved one with compassion and devotion.
​​​ ​​

Lynn Boyd, Owner, Director of Care

Lynn Boyd, Owner, Director of Care

​Lynn has had a rewarding career in Esthetics and owned and operated an Esthetic Clinic for over a decade.  She served many senior clients dealing with cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.  She has also been the primary caregiver for 5 family members.  Lynn understands the hardships that families go through while caring for their loved ones. 

Brent Boyd, Owner, Managing Director

Brent Boyd, Owner, Managing Director

​Brent has worked in business management for over 30 years and has lead teams from all across Canada.  He has operated independent businesses, co-operatives, and major international corporations and been responsible for sales over a half billion dollars and over 1500 employees.  Standards, exceeding clients expectations, recruiting, training, and employee development are areas that mean a great deal to Brent. Along the way he has had opportunities to lead many fundraising and community events.

Keaton Boyd, General Manager

Keaton Boyd, General Manager

Keaton has been involved in Home Instead since Brent and Lynn first opened their office. He has had his hand in client care, accounting , scheduling, marketing, social media and community outreach. He works closely with our staff members to ensure that expectations are exceeded and to resolve problems that arise swiftly. Keaton is focused on making home care an easy decision for your family and making sure that it is the RIGHT decision for your family. 

Nicole Bownes, RN

Nicole Bownes, RN

​Nicole is passionate about keeping seniors in their own homes for as long as possible.  She has worked in home care for over a decade as a RN.  Nicole, in the past, had enjoyed teaching clients and families and now enjoys teaching caregivers the skills they need to care for their clients.  She wants caregivers to feel that they are always learning and building on their skills.  If caregivers are well trained, clients will receive the quality care they require.

Nora Yaghi - RN

Nora Yaghi - RN

Nora Yaghi has been a registered nurse for the past 15 years, she has a varied background in many areas of healthcare including front line care, education, teletriage, leadership, policy development, and dementia care.
Nora believes that there is power in knowledge; she wants to empower individuals and their families to increase their own knowledge about their health and wellness status.
In her personal life, Nora is a mother to 3 young boys, wife to an amazing husband, and an amateur florist. 
Along with nursing experience, Nora has experience as a caregiver and as a patient. The lived experience of being a patient and caregiver has given Nora the understanding of what excellent care can and should be.

Stefania Burnell - RN

Stefania Burnell - RN

​Stefania completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Alberta where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1997 and her Bachelor of Science after degree in Nursing in 2004. Furthermore, she attended a course and became a Legal Nurse Consultant specializing in Home Care. She has been a Registreed Nurse Home Care Manager for over 15 years and operated two Home Care businesses.

Born and raised in Edmonton. Stefania in an avid Formula 1 racing fan and is enthusiastic about traveling, gnealogy and reading. Her spare time is largely under the direction of her child.

Paola Eastman - LPN

Paola Eastman - LPN

​Paola has been in the healthcare field for 20 years. She is a passionate person who has a drive to work with those in need and want to remain at home. She offers an empathetic understanding especially to the needs of seniors, as she has aging parents herself. The experience she offers clients, is being their advocate, while working within a team, to fulfill their wish, of remaining at home in their golden years.  On a personal note, she is Swedish, married with 3 sons, and she loves animals and music. She is an LPN, has advanced diabetic foot care training, has Dynacare lab experience, worked in a hospital and group home.  

Pam Hayes, HR Manager

Pam Hayes, HR Manager

Serving in the private health care sector for the past 7 years, Pam joined the Home Instead East Edmonton team 2 years ago serving as Care Consultant and Community Relations liaison.  As primary caregiver to her own aging parents, she understands the challenges of navigating through the ever-changing demands and care processes  families face in elder care.  Pam has brought expertise in branding detail, training, leadership and initiating and nurturing lasting relationships with healthcare professionals in our community.  Her attention to detail, gentle spirit, and passion to uphold the mission of Home Instead has made her a valuable asset to our team.

Jamie Elfar, Office Manager

Jamie Elfar, Office Manager

Jamie has been in the health care field for over 17 years. She has worked in many areas as a HCA such as mental health, long term care, heart/stroke unit,  gastrointestinal unit and  general medicine unit in Edmonton. The last 10 years she has be in Occupational Health preforming vision and hearing tests, Spirometry testing, mask fitting and drug and alcohol testing. With her diverse work experience Jamie has the ability to adapt in a variety of situations and is always willing to jump in and help where ever needed. Communication with Clients and Caregivers is a large part of Jamie’s responsibilities in the office and she takes pride in making sure the team stays connected.

Michelle Diamond, Admin Assistant/ Service Coordinator

​Michelle came to Home Instead as a caregiver just over 3 years ago, before caregiving Michelle had cared for children for 5 ½ years, some of which were special needs. Michelle has also had 20 years experience caring for her own son with Autism. As a caregiver Michelle was not only passionate but always went above and beyond when caring for our clients, she has given quality care to seniors with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Dementia, MS, Alcoholism, Cancer, Stroke patients, and Palliative care right to the end.  Michelle then transferred into the office to learn the other side of Home Instead Senior Care; she still gives her all and is willing to do whatever it takes to help provide the best care for seniors and be a valuable member of our team.

Sophie Boyd, Director of Client and CAREgiver Relations

​Sophie is a 1 year old Golden Doodle who exudes positive energy in the office, consults and in team meetings. Her favourite activity is playing fetch when she should be doing paper work and eating everyones office snacks.

Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones. (Privacy Policy)

Please select at least one newsletter.

Valid first name is required
Valid last name is required
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.