Useful Information from the Caring Team at Home Instead
Many senior citizens desire to remain in their own home forever. Yet, age and health issues can make it challenging to live alone. As a child of an aging parent, you can do many things to help Mom or Dad stay put, but you cannot be with them 24/7, especially if you have a job and a family of your own. The good news is that moving Mom into a nursing home does not have to be the only answer to your predicament.
Help Mom and Dad live in their house for as long as possible, when you hire a Personal Support Worker (PSW) from Home Instead Senior Care inKitchener-Waterloo, ON. We step in when you cannot, with a wide range of services, including household duties, meal preparation, personal care, and companionship. There is no need to worry when our team is on-site with your beloved elder.
How Home Care Works to Help Your Senior Remain at Home
Home care is a type of non-medical service. There is no need for a doctor’s prescription to hire a PSW for your parent. The goal is to enable Dad to age in place with a little help. Here are a few situations where a home caregiver is invaluable to you and your family:
- Daily Hygiene: If you notice that Mom fails to regularly bathe, brush her hair, and dress in clean clothes, she needs help. Consistent personal care help will enable her to feel good again.
- Consistent Meals: Cooking for one is hard. Eating along is harder. Eventually, you may notice that Dad is losing weight from lack of nutrition. A PSW can assist with cooking nutritious meals to aid Dad in staying healthy.
- Clean Home: Sometimes, arthritis or other health issues prevent your senior from keeping up with their housekeeping. Some assistance can remedy that. Senior care can include light housekeeping.
- Taking Time Away: We all need a break now and then. When you are the primary caregiver of an aging loved one plus have a family of your own, you may feel you can never get a break. Respite care can allow you to take a breather and rejuvenate.
When to Seek Out Help for Your Loved One
It can be difficult to determine when Mom may need some additional help. Her good days may outweigh her bad. Here are a few instances when it makes sense to seek out help:
- Mom needs help with daily activities like grooming, meal preparation, or light housework.
- Dad can no longer drive himself to his appointments or other places of interest.
- Your aged loved one runs the risk of being socially isolated because of living alone.
Get Needed Assistance from Home Instead Senior Care
Keep Dad at home when you seek out the services of a dedicated home care service like Home Instead Kitchener-Waterloo, ON. Our highly-trained caregivers work with you and your loved one to provide the right amount of support. We created a tailored service plan to benefit you and your aging parent.
Additional Important information
Other Senior Care Services: There are many unexpected situations for which you are not prepared. Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON can help your family dealing with your special circumstances. Here some of our additional senior care services.
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Quality Care: We are commitment to provide quality care for our clients. Read more about our Quality Home Care.
FAQ: Please visit our FAQ section to get answers to your questions about in home senior care in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.