Suggestions from Home Instead Senior Care
The Internet presents us with a world of possibilities. Hourly videos are uploaded, new websites created, and blog posts being published. Learning, news, social sharing abound. Searching for a favourite topic takes you quickly down rabbit holes that waste your time. Even caregivers can use some help when supporting and caring for their elderly mom or dad. Whether you are looking for safety tips for seniors, financial planning, retirement planning, technology for seniors, or any other resources and tips for seniors, our team can help.
At Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON, our caregivers assist the elderly and their families with a variety of services like personal care and companionship. We aim to provide as many resources as possible to aid caregivers and their loved ones with caring for seniors. If you are looking for websites that are specifically geared toward seniors and their specific needs, we have a list you can bookmark for future reference.
6 Useful Websites to Help Mom and Dad
Keep from getting lost on the net by checking these sites for safety tips, financial planning ideas, healthy living, and of course, humour:
- Just for You - Seniors: A list of resources from the Government of Canada to find information on topics like abuse and self-neglect, medication, preventing falls, travel, and many more.
- Ontario Ministry of Seniors Affairs: This site provides provincial government information on managing your finances, staying healthy, finding places to live, and planning for the future. If your parent does not speak English, there are guides in many other languages as well.
- WebMD: A trusted source for many kinds of ailments, WebMD is a treasure-trove of articles on health issues. If you or your parent has been diagnosed with a specific illness, you can find more information to help you decipher what the doctor is saying. Look up topics like nutrition or drug side effects for seniors. These articles are written by doctors in easy to understand language.
- The Mayo Clinic: Not only is the Mayo clinic renowned for treating rare and complex conditions, but they have an easy to navigate site jam-packed with information on a variety of maladies.
- The Senior’s Guide to Computers: Do you get frustrated trying to work on your computer? This site walks you through the basics of personal computers in plain English. Just imagine impressing your grandkids with your new found technology knowledge!
- Road Scholar: Is the world your oyster? Are you planning a trip? Road Scholar can give you a heads-up on what to expect at your next vacation destination. They also have articles to help you save money and be safe when travelling alone.
Expert Senior Care and Companionship for Your Loved One
Empower your elderly mom or dad to get better information and expand their learning with the help of good, informative sites. Worried you might lose patience trying show your parent how to use these sites? A trusted professional caregiver from Home Instead Senior care can help to keep your aging loved one engaged and continually learning.
Additional Important information
Other Senior Care Services: There are many unexpected situations for which you are not prepared. Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON can help your family dealing with your special circumstances. Here some of our additional senior care services.
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Quality Care: We are commitment to provide quality care for our clients. Read more about our Quality Home Care.
FAQ: Please visit our FAQ section to get answers to your questions about in home senior care in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.