Home Instead, ob 3337989 Nova Scotia Limited, is hiring caring and compassionate individuals who want to help older adults remain at home by offering individualized one-on-one support. As a personal support worker, you will help seniors tackle the various cognitive and physical challenges associated with aging while enabling them to maintain their independence and quality of life. We’re currently seeking applications for caregivers to work in Pictou County, Nova Scotia.
As a caregiver with Home Instead you will work with one client.This will enable you to establish a relationship and help our client tackle the various cognitive and physical challenges associated with aging, while enabling him/her to maintain their independence and quality of life.
As a CAREGiver with Home Instead, you will receive:
- Paid training - Initial and on-going job training is available
- Flexible schedule – Shifts 8-12 hours, 12-24 hours a week
- Health insurance – Group medical and vision benefits are available with employer contributions
- Work close to home - Serve seniors in your own community
- 24hr support from the office
- Personal satisfaction - Your job will make a difference in someone's life
While the exact services you deliver will depend on your skills, personality, and the needs of our clients, potential duties include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Personal Care
- Mobility assistance
Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English and, upon hire, provide a clear criminal background check and vulnerable sector check.
CCA certificate or equivalent is considered an asset. Possession of a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle considered an asset.
Job Types: Casual
Salary: $17.00-$17.50 per hour
Learn how a career with us can be much more than just a job. Home Instead: To us, it’s personal.