Personal Support Worker - Port Perry
Home Instead is looking for part-time and full-time caring and compassionate Personal Support Workers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our communities in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Courtice, Bowmanville, Port Perry and surrounding area. Home Instead provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
We have a variety of shifts available with competitive pay and BENEFITS. Some BENEFITS include:
-Limited number of clients and longer visits with each client
-Warm and caring culture
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship and conversation
- Transportation and errands
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Alzheimer's Care
- Hospice Care
*PSWs must have certification from an accredited educational institution.
REQUIREMENTS to be a PSW:
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Complete a criminal background check(within the last 3 months), vulnerable sector and MTO check
- Possess a valid driver's license and valid auto insurance
- PSW certificate
Both full time and part time roles available. Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinstead.com/3015
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.