Seniors need help to stay home and stay safe. They need us and we need you.
Do you have a passion for supporting seniors with dignity, pride, love and compassion? We are looking for reliable individuals with the passion to care for the elderly who can offer individual personalized care. If your work ethic is to be a good listener, have an eye for detail, be patient, kind and respectful, then you will find working with our team very rewarding. Our CAREGivers pride themselves in delivering outstanding service to assist our lovely clients in their own home surroundings.
You don’t need any prior health care experience or certificates to become a CAREGiver. Many of our CAREGivers come to us with personal experience caring for others and find this work suits them perfectly. You to bring the heart to this job and we will provide you with world class training and support to help you become a successful, professional CAREGiver.
CAREGIVER NON-MEDICAL CARE DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Companionship and building relationships
- Preparing a variety of nutritious, simple meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with transfers, bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming for males and females
- Care for those living with dementia
- Awake bedside care.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE AN OVERNIGHT CAREGIVER :
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Ability to read. write and speak English at a high adult level
- Physical ability to perform routine household and personal care duties
- Full access to own vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Background checks: driver’s abstract and criminal record check
MORE ABOUT SCHEDULING :
- Overnight shifts start and end at various times, up to 10 hour shifts.
- Our client's care needs change regularly and as such we do not guarantee caregivers any number of hours or a regular routine, so if you need a steady schedule and income this may not be the job for you. Many of our Caregivers offer availability for both daytime and overnight work and stay busy with a combination of these shifts.
- Starting wages range from $14 - $17 per hour.
- Wages increase as training is completed.
- Compensation includes mileage @ $0.59 per km, vacation pay, WCB coverage.
- All required training is paid.
- Candidates with Continuing Care Aide Certificate, LPN or RN may be considered for differential wages.
Join us and learn why Home Instead is the world leader in enhancing the lives of older adults and supporting families. Home Instead's mandate is to promote active and healthy living and to extend life with highest quality. We accomplish this through person-centered and relationship-based care, focusing on relationships and providing personalized and individualized care solutions. As an essential service provider, our CAREGivers are serving clients throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, using comprehensive safety protocols and PPE.
We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.