CAREGiver - Full-time
*The full-time position is for individuals with professional experience and can offer steady weekends. See details below.
Seniors need help to stay home and stay safe. They need us and we need you.
We are looking for reliable individuals who want to be a part of changing the face of aging. Do you have a passion for supporting older adults with fairness, dignity, love and compassion? Our CAREGivers pride themselves in delivering outstanding service to assist our lovely clients in their own home surroundings. You will be matched to a few older adults for ongoing weekly visits to support their independent living.
Men and women, young and older adults are welcome to apply. Graduates from Sask Polytech Supportive Care Assistant program are encourage to apply. We provide world class training and support for our professional CAREGivers.
CAREGIVER NON-MEDICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Companionship and building relationships
- Preparing a variety of nutritious, simple meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming for males and females
- Care for those living with dementia
- Escorts on errands, shopping, outings, appointments
- Engaging clients in activities (hobbies, games, crafts)
MORE ABOUT SCHEDULING :
- Guaranteed average of 30 hours per week. Hours range from 30-40 hours per week.
- Shifts are scheduled 5 days per week, including Saturday and Sunday. Two days off mid-week.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A CAREGIVER :
- Personal Support Worker, Continuing Care Aide, LPN or RN professional experience is required
- Excellent communication ability and congenial manner
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a high adult level
- Physical ability to perform routine household and personal care duties
- Full access to own vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Background checks: driver’s abstract and criminal record check
- One full year experience driving in Saskatoon
- Starting wages range from $15 - $17 per hour.
- Compensation includes mileage @ $0.84 per km, vacation pay, WCB coverage.
- All required training is paid.
- Extended health benefits,
- 3 personal days per year,
- 3 weeks paid holidays per year after 1 year of employment.
Join us and learn why Home Instead is the world leader in enhancing the lives of older adults and supporting families. Home Instead's mandate is to promote active and healthy living and to extend life with highest quality. We accomplish this through person-centered and relationship-based care, focusing on relationships and providing personalized and individualized care solutions. As an essential service provider, our CAREGivers are serving clients throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, using comprehensive safety protocols and PPE.
We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.