Join our team of Care Professionals and provide high quality, person-centered care in the homes of older adults!
*Only current residents of Saskatoon and area are considered for employment offers.
• Wages range from $16.25 - $17.50 per hour.
• Compensation includes mileage @ $0.68 per km, vacation pay, WCB coverage.
• Candidates with Continuing Care Aide Certificate, LPN or RN are considered for differential wages.
• Guaranteed hours, higher wages and extended health benefits are offered to FULL TIME CARE PROFESSIONALS
• Health Spending Account
• Extensive Paid Training
• 24/7 On-the-Job Support
• Rewarding Work Relationships
• Let us know when you want to be scheduled
• Career Advancement
• Giving Back to the Community
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for reliable individuals who want to be part of changing the face of aging. Home Instead's mandate is to promote active and independent living for older adults. We accomplish this through high quality, person-centered and relationship-based in-home care.
• You will pride yourself in delivering outstanding service to assist our lovely clients in their own home surroundings.
• You will be matched to a few older adults for ongoing weekly visits to support their independent living.
• No prior health care experience or certificates required. We will provide you with world class training and support you as a successful Care Professional
• Companionship and building relationships
• Preparing a variety of nutritious, simple meals
• Light housekeeping
• Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming for males and females
• Care for those living with dementia
• Escorts on errands, shopping, outings, appointments
• Engaging clients in activities (reminiscing, hobbies, games, crafts)
MORE ABOUT SCHEDULING :
• Let us know when you want to be scheduled!
• Shifts available:
- 7 days per week.
- up to 40 hours per week.
- during the morning, afternoon, evening and overnight
- minimum of 3 hours each shift and up to 10 hours/shift
• Excellent communication ability and congenial manner
• Ability to read, write and speak English at a high adult level
• Physical ability to perform routine household and personal care duties
• Full access to own vehicle and valid auto insurance
• Background checks: driver’s abstract and criminal record check
• One full year experience driving in Saskatoon
• Canadian Social Insurance Number required at hiring
Click apply to start open a conversation with us about this rewarding career.
We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you!