Spanish/Portuguese Speaking PSW
5780 Timberlea Blvd Suite 203, Mississauga, ON L4W 4W8
Home Instead provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion. We are currently seeking a Personal Support Worker to provide care to senior clients who speak Spanish and Portuguese.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing companionship and conversation to stimulate, encourage, and assist a senior client
- Assisting clients in maintaining their homes by providing light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation, dusting, laundry, vacuuming
- Providing medication reminders
- Supporting senior clients in completing their activities of daily living including toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding, and ambulation assistance
- Escorting clients to medical appointments
- Dementia care
- Hospice and palliative support
- Completion of Personal Support Worker diploma OR
- Completion of Nursing degree in any country OR
- Currently enrolled in a nursing program, having completed at least one year
- Fluent in Spanish/Portuguese
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Possess a valid driver’s license is an asset, but not essential.
- Possess a vehicle with valid auto insurance is an asset but not essential.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.