Home Instead is looking for caring and compassionate individuals to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Home Instead has been given the opportunity to work very closely with the LHIN in being able to assist LHIN patients who are waiting to be transferred to Long Term Care. In the interim, we are asked to assist clients in their personal private homes until they move to their new location. Clients are part of the Enhanced Intensive Home Community Care program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing 1:1 care assistance to each client individually or in a team setting with another CG
- Work individually and in a team providing all aspects of personal care
- Assist in 2-person transfers using mechanical lifts or 1-person assists
- Provide medication reminders
- Support clients in completing all Activities of Daily Living such as toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding and ambulation assistance
- Assist in palliative support as needed
- Expected to maintain communication regarding all client care needs and changes and make appropriate reports
- May be required to assist in Instrumental Activities of Daily Living such as laundry, changing linens, warming up meals, etc.
Details of the Position:
- The position is a FULL-TIME position guaranteed 40 hours a week
- You may be required to drive another CG in your car to and from shift for clients requiring two CGs
- You must be willing to work with multiple clients. Clients will be assigned as per client’s needs.
- Must be comfortable with pets
Requirements of the Position:
- Must have a vehicle with valid auto insurance
- Must have flexibility in scheduling
- Must be a certified PSW or International Nurse
- Experience with 2-person transfers asset - will train
- Experience with palliative care - asset
- Experience changing with bed bound clients
- Changing briefs
- Peri Care
- Change sheets
- Body mechanics
- Must be a team player and willing to work with other Home Instead CG’s
- Must be able to give and take direction from team members
- Must be committed to working 40 hours a week
- Hourly pay for this program is $19.50 per hour which includes $3 pandemic pay - approved until March 2021
- Drivers may be compensated for mileage to be discussed at interview
- Cancelled shifts will be re-assigned
Salary: Up to $19.50 per hour
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.