Our world is moving at lightning speed with the aid of technology. Kids use social media to post selfies or videos with friends. Other adults use their smartphones to take pictures, play podcasts, or join a meeting via Skype or Zoom. Even seniors have caught the technology bug by stepping out of their comfort zones to pay bills or shop online.
There are a plethora of gadgets that help keep your elderly parent on time with medications, and safe. With all the different choices in phones, tablets, and apps, the problem comes down to choosing the best ones for your aged loved one. At Home Instead Senior Care Mississauga our caregivers encourage the elderly and their families to embrace those apps and gadgets that can make life simpler and more fun! Technology is not a replacement for quality care, and we give families and their loved ones peace of mind through a variety of personalized home care services.
6 Gadgets and Apps that Make Life for Seniors a Breeze
New-fangled gizmos are not just for the young. They can serve the young at heart as well. While not every piece of technology is helpful, many can be. Here are a few apps and gadgets that can make life a little easier:
- EyeReader: Turn Dad’s phone into a magnifying glass with this app. He just holds his cellphone over the text and EyeReader magnifies and lights it up for him.
- Life360: When Mom takes off on a trip across town, Life360 lets you know she made it back home safely. Several family members can utilize this app to keep tabs on each other.
- Skype: Now Dad can catch up with you face-to-face from across the country on your phone. Skype is simple to use and helps keep families and friends close.
- Pillboxie: Want to help your aunt remember to take her medications on time? Pillboxie can help with a customized pillbox and reminders to keep her on schedule.
- Fitbit: Not only does this activity tracker keep you moving, but it can also help your mom make sure she is getting plenty of exercise.
- MedMinder: This digital pillbox allows you to set up and organize Dad’s pills and then sets the schedule. Dad only has to look for the flashing light to take the right medication at the right time.
Trusted Senior Care and Companionship for Your Loved One
Enhance your elderly mom or dad’s life with those pieces of technology that can simplify their life. Technology does have its place, but it will never take the place of human interaction. Give them the extra care they deserve when you hire a trusted professional caregiver from Home Instead Senior Care. Our trained team can keep your aging loved one engaged with the world during this exciting season of life.
Additional Important Resources
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Call for a free personalized Care Consultation (905) 276-2273
Service Area: The office of Home Instead Senior Care in Mississauga services the following areas: All Mississauga including: Clarkson, Cooksville, Dixie, Erin Mills, Erindale, Lakeview, Lorne Park, Port Credit, Sheridan, Streetsville