Home Instead is looking for a full time Bookkeeper who is eager to join our team.The position will oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the day to day accounting and administrative duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all financial reporting, including A/P, A/R, payroll, cash management, vendor & customer account maintenance, and prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports .
- Preparation of year-end documents.
- Preparation of weekly report statements to company President.
- Prepare payroll & related responsibilities (semi-monthly & weekly payroll, T4's, ROEs)
- Prepare remittances including H.S.T, source deductions, Corporate Tax Installments, EHT, WSIB & garnishee payments.
- Office general administration and some executive assistant duties.)
- Assist with other financial duties and projects, as required.
- Completion of Accounting Diploma
- Minimum three (3-5) years experience of financial and accounting experience.
- Extremely organized, take pride in work, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing practices and principles
- Administration and data entry, maintain effective and efficient file retrieval system.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations, including federal and provincial statutes
- Proficiency in accounting concepts, practices, and procedures as well as accounting software and other online tools.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Proficient with Quick Books
- Positive attitude and company focused.
- Good verbal and written communication skills must be able to multi task.
- Self starter and a team player, able to work both independently and collaboratively with others.
Salary will be based on qualifications, experience and we appreciate those that will apply: however only those selected for a interview will be contacted.