Feeling burnt out from your typical PSW job?
Longing to put meaning back into your work?
Discouraged by a lack of support and appreciation from your supervisors?
Try something new and become a PSW with Home Instead!
We are looking for Personal Support Workers to serve seniors in their homes in Peterborough/Lindsay, Ontario and the surrounding area.
- Flexible schedule (a variety of shifts available)
- Longer client visits (minimum shifts of 3 hours)
- Paid mileage for errands, driving seniors to appointments
- Warm and caring culture
- Supportive management
- Paid training
- Social events
- Rewards for providing exceptional care!
Typical tasks include:
- Building a meaningful relationship with a senior
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Running errands, possibly taking our seniors to appointments
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assist with bathing, grooming, toileting, incontinence care
- Alzheimer’s Care, Hospice Care
REQUIREMENTS to be a PSW:
- Ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate in a friendly, congenial manner
- Can complete a criminal background check, driver’s abstract and a vulnerable sector check
- Possess a valid driver’s license and valid insurance with a reliable car
- Possess a PSW certificate
- Have open availability
Compensation: $18 per hour, plus bonuses
*PSWs must be certified by an accredited educational institution*
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinstead.com/3048
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.