Part-time or full-time schedules are available! Work/Life balance, longer client visits, 24/7 Support and Growth Opportunities!
*PSW certificate or equivalent nursing care experience in long-term care or a retirement home required for consideration*
*Candidates with a Canadian Driver's License (G2 or G) and a reliable vehicle are strongly preferred*
Why join our Care Team?
- Flexible schedules are available!
- Experience extended client visits and less driving time between shifts (spend an average of 4-12 hours with one client at a time)
- Enjoy a warm, supportive team culture of other team members and support staff you can reach 24/7!
- Receive a competitive compensation ($0.68/km) for running errands for clients and taking them to appointments
- Receive high-quality training from our caring, experienced team and network!
- Career progression opportunities and rewards for providing high-quality care
- Participate in social purpose initiatives to give back to our community!
Our Personal Support Workers serve seniors and individuals needing one-on-one support in their homes in Peterborough, Ontario, and the surrounding area! They provide Companionship, Home Helper and Personal Care support to keep seniors comfortable and maintain their independence for as long as possible. Going above and beyond to bring joy to clients using creative activities is common during your visits! Our care model allows for connections to form as you support our clients with their physical, cognitive, and social needs.
Tasks of our Care Team include:
- Building a relationship with a senior through conversation and meaningful activities
- Planning and preparing quality meals and snacks (adaptable to client desires)
- Light housekeeping work (sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, keeping a home organized and other everyday tasks)
- Providing personal care assistance including dressing, grooming, bathing and toileting for clients
- Keeping our office team in the loop regarding the care that has been provided daily
- Running errands, driving seniors to appointments
- Many of our clients need memory support as they are actively living with various levels of dementia
The best candidates for the role possess the following qualities:
- Experience in home care or retirement home settings is an asset
- A proven ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect
- Strong communication skills with clients and our care team
- Dependability present to arrive on time and exceed client expectations
- Problem-solving ability to manage changes to daily routines
- Open availability during weekdays and every other weekend
- Possess a valid Canadian driver’s license and valid insurance with a reliable car (strongly preferred)
- Can successfully provide a clear police check and driver's abstract
Compensation: $19 - $23 per hour
Find out more about our fulfilling career opportunities at homeinstead.com/3048