Full-time or Part-time schedules are available! Attractive Health Care Benefits (For full-time role)! Achieve your work/life balance! Quality training with the best Home Care agency in the region! Experience 24/7 support from a caring team!
*$300 sign-on bonus*
*Having a Canadian Driver's License (G2 or G license) and a reliable vehicle are required for consideration*
Why join our Care Team?
- Provide personalized care to seniors 1-on-1 in their homes in the Lindsay community!
- Experience extended visits with seniors with less driving time between shifts
- Enjoy a warm, supportive culture with other team members and support staff you can reach 24/7!
- Receive competitive compensation ($0.68/km) for running errands for seniors and taking them to appointments
- Receive high-quality training from our caring, experienced team and network!
- Career progression opportunities and bonuses for surprising and delighting seniors
- Participate in social purpose initiatives to give back to our community!
Our Caregivers and Personal Support Workers serve seniors and individuals needing support one-on-one in their homes in Lindsay, Ontario, and the surrounding areas! They provide Companionship, Home Helper and Personal Care support to keep seniors comfortable and maintain their independence for as long as possible. Our care model gives the unique opportunity to build meaningful relationships as you support our clients with their daily interaction, activities, cleaning and hygiene needs.
Tasks of our Care Team include:
- Building a relationship with a senior through conversation and meaningful activities
- Planning and preparing quality meals and snacks (meal preparation experience is an asset)
- Light housekeeping work (sweeping, laundry, dishes, ironing, keeping a home organized and other everyday tasks)
- Providing personal care assistance including dressing, grooming, bathing and toileting for clients (we offer training for you to support clients with these tasks)
- Running errands, driving seniors to appointments
- Memory care for elderly clients living with different levels of dementia
The BEST CANDIDATES for the role possess the following qualities:
- 2+ years of care experience in a retirement, Long-term care or home care setting preferred
- PSW certificate preferred, not required
- Ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect
- Strong communication skills
- A creative mind to develop an activity plan for seniors based on their interests and abilities
- Problem-solving abilities and a high level of commitment
- Open availability during the week and every other weekend
- A Canadian driver’s license and valid insurance with a reliable car
- Can successfully provide a clear police check and driver's abstract
Compensation: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour (Enhanced with a PSW certificate)
Find out more about our fulfilling career opportunities at homeinstead.com/3048