The team at Home Instead has one goal in mind – to provide the best experience for our professional caregivers by providing flexible schedules, opportunities to grow your career further and rewarding work by enhancing the lives of aging adults in our community. Home Instead provides a variety of medical and non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care, and compassion. If you're looking to make a difference and work with a team that’s here to support you, join us today!
We are currently seeking weekend caregivers who are available for a variety of shifts, morning, afternoons & evenings. No certifications are required, as we provide all the necessary training. As a caregiver, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals in need of assistance and support.
- Provide compassionate and personalized care to clients in their homes.
- Assist with daily activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and meal preparation.
- Support clients in maintaining a clean and safe living environment.
- Offer companionship and engage in meaningful conversations with clients.
- Help with medication reminders and basic health monitoring.
- Collaborate with the care team to ensure the best possible care for clients.
- Availability to work on weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday)
- Visits are between 2 and 12 hours in length and occur on a weekly ongoing basis
- Genuine passion for helping others and making a positive impact.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English and, upon hire, provide a clear criminal background check and vulnerable sector check.
- Own vehicle with valid auto insurance is not required, but considered an asset.
Training: We provide comprehensive training to all caregivers, regardless of previous experience or certifications. Our training program equips you with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in your caregiving role. You will receive instruction on proper caregiving techniques, client safety, communication, and more. We are committed to supporting your professional growth and development.
How to Apply: If you are interested in joining our team as a weekend caregiver, please submit your application through here or apply directing on our website Home Instead Nanaimo, BC | In Home Care under careers. We will review applications on an ongoing basis and reach out to potential candidates for further communication.
We appreciate your interest in becoming a part of the Home Instead Team and look forward to the opportunity to work together in providing exceptional care to those in need.