Meet Harry. Harry is 94 years-old and his wife has just passed. He is all alone in his home and surrounded by all the memories it brings. He remembers working in the yard as his children played, teaching them how to ride a bike, and having barbecues on the deck. He cherishes the memories of holiday meals in the dining room, watching Flames games in the family room, and countless game nights around the kitchen table.
Harry lives with Dementia – his memory is beginning to fail and he needs help remaining engaged in life. He does not remember how to do simple tasks and needs encouragement and coaching to be able to complete tasks successfully. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Driving clients to appointments and running errands
- Supporting people with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- Assisting with personal care, including dressing, grooming, and bathing
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and engaging way
Can you imagine helping someone like Harry? We meet seniors like him every single day. Join our growing team of Care Professionals and help seniors age with greater hope and success at home!
Care Professional Requirements: Please do NOT apply for this position if you do not currently have a valid Class 5 license, your own vehicle and reside in Calgary, Alberta.
- Must have a dedicated vehicle and a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must live in Calgary, Alberta or surrounding areas
- Great written and verbal communication skills, in English
- Consistent, non-flexible availability
- Clear criminal background check
What We Provide:
- Paid training by experienced instructors
- Ongoing, 24/7 support from the Home Instead team
- Competitive hourly wages
- Ongoing client assignments – see the same clients on a regular basis
- Flexible schedule
- Care professional referral bonus program
Apply now to begin your journey as a Care Professional at Home Instead.