Home Instead is hiring! We are looking for kind and supportive people to join our growing and dynamic team of Care Professionals. Don’t have experience? We provide paid and extensive training to all our Care Professionals!
Meet Joe. Joe is 89 years-old and he has lived in his home for 50 years. He is all alone in his home since his wife passed and loves being in a familiar environment. He remembers painting his kids bedrooms, measuring their heights on the wall, and having birthday parties in the yard. He cherishes the memories of celebrations in the dining room, watching football games in the living room, and playing board games in the family room.
Joe is beginning to get Dementia – his memory is starting to fail and he needs help remaining engaged in life. He does not remember how to do simple tasks and needs encouragement and coaching to be able to complete tasks successfully. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Driving clients to appointments and running errands
- Supporting people with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- Assisting with personal care, including dressing, grooming, and bathing
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and engaging way
Care Professional Requirements: Please do NOT apply for this position if you do not currently have a valid Class 5 license, your own vehicle and reside in Calgary, Alberta.
- Must have a dedicated vehicle and a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must live in Calgary, Alberta or surrounding areas
- Great written and verbal communication skills, in English
- Consistent, non-flexible availability
- Clear criminal background check
What We Provide:
- Paid training by experienced instructors
- Ongoing, 24/7 support from the Home Instead team
- Competitive hourly wages
- Ongoing client assignments – see the same clients on a regular basis
- Flexible schedule
- Care professional referral bonus program
Apply now to begin your journey as a Care Professional at Home Instead.