Vancouver, BC (Change Location)
Home Care Benefits for Seniors
Home Instead believes quality of life has no expiration date. Our person-centric care helps people of all ages maintain comfort, connection, and quality of life in the place that they love the most. We provide “home care” no matter where you call “home”.
Reasons to Age In Place With Senior Care
In-home care offers benefits other types of senior care just can’t match.
- Care in the comfort of your own home. No matter where “home” is, receiving personalized care there can help seniors stay safe and well.
- Customizable, scalable hours and services. Personalized care plans can help meet a family’s needs now – and scale up if future needs require it.
- Minimize health exposures. Receiving care at home can help reduce potential exposures to germs that can cause illness.
- One-on-one care. Families deserve the undivided attention and focus on comfort and safety that only in-home caregiving can provide.
- Personalized care plan. Everyone needs something different from home care. Our person-centered care plans can help meet your family’s individual needs right now – and can flex to meet different needs in the future.
- Lifestyle continuity. In-home care can help a senior to maintain vital social connections within their existing community and circle of friends.
- Companionship. Seniors can build a personal relationship with their Care Professional to reduce loneliness and depression.
- Better health outcomes. The one-on-one care may improve medication adherence and nutritional status, which can improve health outcomes.
- Maintain independence and dignity. In-home care affords older adults a level of dignity and independence that institutionalized care simply cannot.
- Affordable. Compared to other senior care options, such as assisted living or a nursing home, in-home senior care may represent a much more affordable option.
Seniors Want to Age In Place
Would it surprise you to learn that 94% of surveyed senior homeowners said they want to live in their own home as they age? Probably not, because who wouldn’t want to remain in the comfort and familiarity of their home as they navigate the latter stages of life?