Home Instead is looking for dedicated Personal Support Worker (PSW) who can consistently provide quality in-home care to our clients. If you happen to be available please contact us as soon as possible. When you join the Home Instead family you become a part of the driving force that is committed to improving seniors lives in our community. We enhance the life of all our clients by delivering individualized care services, flexible hours and compassionate workers who will advocate for their needs. In addition to supporting seniors and their families, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Access to 24/7 Support Staff
- Easy online scheduling
- Don’t have to run from client to client but rather can focus 100% of your time on ONE client
The PSW will provide individualized care that supports our client’s unique needs. This includes assistance with Actives of Daily Living, home management and personal care. As a PSW, you have a professional obligation to work to the best of your ability and hold client safety as a main priority. Care will take place in the community, where ever the client calls home.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Personal Care may be involved for some clients (including dressing, personal hygiene, mobility, and other routine activities of living in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act)
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Properly maintain documentation regarding client activities, tasks, progress or reporting concerns
- Other duties as assigned (for example, dementia care, hospice and palliative support)
- Experience with the elderly population is preferred
- Reliable vehicle and car insurance is an asset but not essential
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector background check
- Negative COVID-19 test results
- Personal Support Worker diploma (international trained nurses & nursing students welcomed)
Working with Home Instead North York
At Home Instead we are passionate about enhancing the lives of older aging adults in our community. We look for empathic and dedicated caregivers who will share in our mission to help older aging adults continue to live independently in their home. We believe in building relationships with our clients and their families to ensure for the best care we can provide. We know our employees are our greatest asset in helping our clients and therefore invest in their future with additional training opportunities. If you want to be a part of a fast-growing company who cares deeply about senior’s care, then please join us today!
How to Apply
If you are a compassionate and dedicated worker than this is the role for you. Please follow the link to apply online at our Home Instead North York website: https://www.homeinstead.ca/3043/home-care-jobs
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Home Instead North York is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Home Instead’s policies, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.