We are currently hiring for experienced caring and compassionate individuals to become part of our growing team and join our mission to enhance the lives of aging adults throughout our community.
We are looking for individuals with flexible availability who can provide an on-going commitment to our clients. The hours of work can include a variety such as overnights, weekends, days, nights, evenings and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide 1:1 care assistance to each client individually or in a team setting
- Assist in 2 person transfers using mechanical lifts or 1-person assists
- Provide medication reminders
- Support clients in completing Activities of Daily such as but not limited to toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding, ambulation, etc
- Assist in palliative care as needed
- Expected to maintain full communication regarding all needs of client care and changes with various reporting methods
- May be required to assist in Instrumental Activities of Daily Living such as laundry, changing linens, meals, dusting, etc
Details of the Position:
- Hours will differentiate for shifts starting at 4 hours up to 12 hours daily
- We are looking for full commitment to client and shift schedules.
- You must be willing to work with multiple clients. Clients may be assigned as needed.
- Comfortability with pets/smoking is an asset
Requirements of the Position:
- Must have a vehicle with valid auto insurance
- Must have flexibility in scheduling
- Must be a certified PSW or International Nurse
- Experience with 2-person transfers is an asset – training will be provided as needed
- Experience with palliative care is an asset – training will be provided as needed
- Experience with all forms of personal care – training will be provided as needed
- Must have a good understanding of body mechanics
- Must be a team player and willing to work with other Home Instead CG’s
For more information, please call Doug at (905) 235-7130.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.