Why join our Care Team?
- Work on an adaptable schedule to your weekly commitments!
- Experience extended client visits and less driving time between shifts
- Achieve part-time hours which grow as you build your skill set with clients (15-30 hours weekly!)
- Enjoy a warm, supportive team culture of other team members and support staff you can reach 24/7!
- Receive a competitive compensation ($0.68/km) for running errands for clients and taking them to appointments
- Receive high-quality training from our caring, experienced team and network!
- Career progression opportunities and rewards for providing high-quality care
- Participate in social service initiatives to give back to our community
Our Caregivers serve seniors one-on-one in their homes in Cobourg/Port Hope, Ontario, and the surrounding area! They provide Companionship, Home Helper and Personal Care support to keep seniors comfortable and maintain their independence for as long as possible. Our care model gives the unique opportunity to build meaningful relationships as you support our clients with their physical, cognitive, and social needs.
TYPICAL TASKS include:
- Building a relationship with a senior through conversation and meaningful activities
- Planning and preparing quality meals and snacks (adapt to client’s meal plan and preferences)
- Light housekeeping work (sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, keeping a home organized and other everyday tasks)
- Running errands, driving seniors to appointments
- Providing personal care assistance with changing, grooming, bathing, toileting
We also serve senior clients living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia! (Training provided, experience is an asset)
The best candidates for the role possess the following qualities:
- Have a proven ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect
- Exhibits strong communication skills to use with clients and the office staff
- Has an open availability during weekdays and weekends (overnight schedules also available)
- Possess a valid Canadian driver’s license and valid insurance with a reliable car (strongly preferred)
- Can successfully provide a clear police check and driver's abstract
- Senior care experience is preferred but not required!
Compensation: $17-19 per hour
Please find out more about our fulfilling career opportunities at homeinstead.com/3048
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.