Work flexible part-time or full-time hours! Reach your positive work/life balance! Experience longer client visits! 24/7 Support from a caring support team!
*A PSW certificate or equivalent nursing care experience in long-term care or a retirement home is required for consideration.
*A Canadian Driver's License (G2 or G) and a reliable vehicle are required for consideration.
BENEFITS of our Care Team:
- We offer flexible scheduling with visits during mornings, afternoons, evenings and rotational weekends!
- Longer visits with seniors and less driving time between shifts (4-12 hours spent with a client on average!)
- Enjoy a warm, supportive team culture of team members and support staff 24/7!
- Receive competitive compensation ($0.68/km) for running errands for clients and taking them to appointments.
- Receive high-quality training from our caring, experienced team and network!
- Rewards are available for providing high-quality care!
- Participate in social purpose initiatives to give back to our community!
Our Personal Support Workers serve seniors and individuals needing support one-on-one in their homes in Cobourg and Port Hope Ontario, and the surrounding area! They provide Companionship, Home Helper and Personal Care support to keep seniors comfortable and maintain their independence for as long as possible. Our care model enables you to converse with clients daily as you support them with their physical, cognitive, and social needs.
TYPICAL TASKS in the role include:
- Building a relationship with a senior through conversation and meaningful activities
- Planning and preparing quality meals and snacks (adapt to client’s preferences)
- Light housekeeping work (sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, keeping a home organized and other everyday tasks)
- Providing personal care assistance including dressing, grooming, bathing and toileting for clients
- Keeping our office team in the loop regarding the care that has been provided daily
- Running errands, driving seniors to appointments
- Many of our clients need memory support as they are actively living with various levels of dementia
The best candidates for the role possess the following qualities:
- Experience in home care or retirement settings is an asset
- A proven ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect
- Strong communication skills with clients and our care team
- Dependability present to arrive on time and exceed client expectations
- Problem-solving ability to manage changes to daily routines
- Open availability during weekdays and every other weekend
- Possess a valid Canadian driver’s license and valid insurance with a reliable car (strongly preferred)
- Can successfully provide a clear police check and driver's abstract
Compensation: $19.50 - $23.00 per hour
Please find out more about our fulfilling career opportunities at homeinstead.com/3048