*Note: Personal Support Worker certificate required for consideration*
Why join our Care Team?
- Work on an adaptable schedule to your weekly commitments!
- Experience extended client visits and less driving time between shifts (visits are at least 4 hours long!)
- Achieve part-time hours which grow as you build your skill set with clients (20-35 hours weekly!)
- Enjoy a warm, supportive team culture of other team members and support staff you can reach 24/7!
- Receive a competitive compensation ($0.68/km) for running errands for clients and taking them to appointments
- Receive high-quality training from our caring, experienced team and network!
- Career progression opportunities and rewards for providing high-quality care
- Participate in social service initiatives to give back to our community!
Our Personal Support Workers serve seniors and individuals needing support one-on-one in their homes in Peterborough, Ontario, and the surrounding area! They provide Companionship, Home Helper and Personal Care support to keep seniors comfortable and maintain their independence for as long as possible. Our care model gives the unique opportunity to build meaningful relationships as you support our clients with their physical, cognitive, and social needs.
TYPICAL TASKS include:
- Building a relationship with a senior through conversation and meaningful activities
- Planning and preparing quality meals and snacks (adapt to client’s meal plan and preferences)
- Light housekeeping work (sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, keeping a home organized and other everyday tasks)
- Providing personal care assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting
- Running errands, driving seniors to appointments
We also serve senior clients living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia!
The best candidates for the role possess the following qualities:
- Have a proven ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect
- Exhibits strong communication skills with clients and the office staff
- Proven problem-solving abilities and a high level of commitment
- Has an open availability during weekdays and every other weekend (overnight schedules also available)
- Possess a valid Canadian driver’s license and valid insurance with a reliable car (strongly preferred)
- Can successfully provide a clear police check and driver's abstract
Compensation: $19-21 per hour based on the location of the client served
Please find out more about our fulfilling career opportunities at homeinstead.com/3048
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.