At Home Instead we look for Care Professionals who are compassionate, respectful, and comfortable with technology. As well we value honesty, individuality, and great communicators.
If you think you can see yourself making a remarkable difference in the life of a senior needing help with day-to-day activities, please read on!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Building relationships with the clients is the most important and rewarding responsibility you will have as a Home Instead Care Professional. How will you do that? By assisting with a variety of home care services, such as:
- Companionship and conversation
- Advocating for their needs
- Light housekeeping and preparing meals
- Reminding clients of medications and appointments
- Running errands and accompanying clients to appointments
- Assisting with grooming, bathing, toileting, and incontinence issues
- Person centered care for clients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Must have a driver’s licence and a car to drive clients to appointments and to run errands
- Must be willing to work in all service locations - Lake Country, Kelowna, West Kelowna, and Peachland, and in different settings such as a client’s personal home, long-term care facility, hospital, etc.
- Have open availability throughout the week and at least one day of the weekend
- Be willing to work with fluctuating hours and fluctuating income as hours are not guaranteed and can change depending on the needs and wants of our clients
- Willing to work with clients who are sick with communicable diseases such as COVID, common flus and colds, and with clients with varying needs ranging from companionship to personal care to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care
- Optional benefits after 3 months
- Employment recognition
- It is a family/team environment
- Work life balance
- Excellent training
- Online learning program
- 24/7 office support
- 3 to 4 hour shifts with the same client
- Personal and/or previous caregiving experience is an advantage
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia training
- Quarterly Training
- Nurse Directed Care training
- Client specific training
- $20.00 to $22.00 per hour dependent on job responsibility
Each Home Instead® franchise is independently owned and operated.