Health Tips for Seniors from the Caring Team at Home Instead
Contrary to what many of us tend to think, we are never too old to exercise. While it’s true that as we age, we start slowing down, that is not an excuse for not having a fitness routine. Remember that your body can do it; all you have to do is convince your mind! Instead of giving up and shuffling back to your recliner with a bowl of ice cream, remember that age is only a number. You have your health in your hands, so take good care of it!
Take charge of your life and your health by dedicating some time each week to increase your physical activity levels. You will love the way you feel as your body gets back into shape. Sometimes it helps to have someone cheering you on. The team at Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON stands ready to help keep you moving and living life at its fullest. Our variety of senior care services include personal care, household duties, and meals and nutrition. Discover what you can accomplish with our assistance.
6 Steps to Getting Fit in Your Senior Years
Before you brazenly jump into a cardio routine, take a moment to reduce your risk of injury, and follow these steps:
- Check-in with your doctor. It is an excellent idea to chat with your physician about your plans and work with your medical team to assess your current fitness level. You can do this over the phone or online.
- Start small and work your way up. Now is not the time to try and recreate your high school days. Starting small is the best way, especially if you have been a couch potato for decades.
- Record your progress. You may not see immediate results from your workout routine. Utilize a pedometer, activity tracker, stopwatch, timer, notebook, or journal to gauge what is happening to your body. You can then look back and pat yourself on the back for the progress you accomplished.
- Find a workout buddy. This can be a spouse, neighbour, or friend, but it helps you stay motivated. You can encourage one another.
- Choose to ignore the excuses in your head. It’s time to put your positive pants on. Your Negative Nancy or Neil may want you to stay in bed instead of getting up and lifting weights. You deserve to feel good, so dispel any negative thoughts and focus on how good you will feel if you keep up the work.
- Develop the habit of exercise. Having routines is a bonus for keeping seniors in better health overall. It adds a sense of comfort. Make your fitness plan part of your daily habits and reap the benefits.
Get Fit Now – Home Instead Senior Care Can Help
Decide today to take your health into your hands and develop an exercise routine. For extra motivation and help getting to your Pilates class, rely on the assistance of a Personal Support Worker from the caregivers at Home Instead Senior Care in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON. We love helping you or your elderly loved ones get healthier and live a fuller life. We specialize in the needs of the aged. Check out our services today!
Additional Important information
Other Senior Care Services: There are many unexpected situations for which you are not prepared. Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON can help your family dealing with your special circumstances. Here some of our additional senior care services.
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Quality Care: We are commitment to provide quality care for our clients. Read more about our Quality Home Care.
FAQ: Please visit our FAQ section to get answers to your questions about in home senior care in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.