Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate individuals to become a part of our growing team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow senior to meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
We are looking for people who have flexible availability and can provide an on-going commitment. The hours of work can include a variety of hours such as overnights, days, nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
As a Home Instead Senior Care Employee, your receive:
- Job training - Initial and on-going training is provided, including specialized training opportunities
- Flexible schedules - CAREGiver shifts can be arranged to fit your schedule
- Work close to home - Serve seniors in your own community
- New friends - CAREGiving gives you the opportunity to meet new people and develop meaningful relationships
- Personal satisfaction - Your job will make a difference in someone's life
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing 1:1 care assistance to each client individually or in a team setting with another CG
- Assist in 2-person transfers using mechanical lifts or 1-person assists
- Provide medication reminders
- Support clients in completing all Activities of Daily Living such as toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding and ambulation assistance
- Assist in palliative support as needed
- Expected to maintain communication regarding all client care needs and changes and make appropriate reports
- May be required to assist in Instrumental Activities of Daily Living such as laundry, changing linens, warming up meals, etc.
Requirements of the Position:
- Must have a vehicle with valid auto insurance
- Must have flexibility in scheduling
- Must be a certified PSW or International Nurse
- Experience with 2-person transfers asset - training will be provided as needed
- Experience with palliative care - asset
- Experience changing with bed bound clients,
- Experience with all forms of personal care
- Must be a team player and willing to work with other Home Instead CG’s
- Experience with Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, MS, Diabetes is an asset
- Must be comfortable with pets and/or smoking.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.