Home Instead is looking for dedicated CAREGivers who can consistently provide quality in-home care to our clients on Saturdays and Sundays. If you happen to be available please contact us as soon as possible. When you join the Home Instead family you become a part of the driving force that is committed to improving seniors lives in our community. We enhance the life of all our clients by delivering individualized care services, flexible hours and compaasionate workers who will advocate for their needs.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Personal Care may be involved for some clients (including dressing, personal hygiene, mobility, and other routine activities of living in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act)
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Properly maintain documentation regarding client activities, tasks, progress or reporting concerns
- Other duties as assigned (for example, dementia care, hospice and palliative support)
What do you need?
- Experience with the elderly population is preferred
- Possess a valid driver's license is strongly desired, and it will be a must if you live in east of Toronto.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to treat & care for clients and their property with dignity & respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments & locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly & congenial manner
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector background check is preferred
- Negative COVID-19 test results
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Home Instead North York is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Home Instead’s policies, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.