Are you a PSW, International Nurse, Health Care Aide or CAREGiver? If so, we are hiring and we want you!
Are you looking for a part time or full-time opportunity that provides flexible hours and works with your schedule? If so, we are hiring and we want you!
We are looking for skilled individuals to fill the role of a PSW and/or CAREGiver assisting seniors in the community of Fergus.
We are looking to fill multiple open roles with weekday and weekend availability.
What we offer:
- On-Going Job Opportunities - employees will be on-boarded with initial training and be eligible to take many of our training courses centralized around senior aging illnesses such as Alzheimer's, Dementia, Palliative Care, etc.
- Flexible Schedule - we work with your availability to fit shifts into your schedule and allow you desired # of hours weekly.
- Close to Home - all shifts are travel friendly and central enough to your home
- Personal Satisfaction - the best of all, you get to make a difference in someone's life!
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing 1:1 care assistance to each client individually or in a team setting with another CG
- Assist in 2-person transfers using mechanical lifts or 1-person assists
- Provide medication reminders
- Support clients in completing all Activities of Daily Living such as toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding and ambulation assistance
- May be required to assist in Instrumental Activities of Daily Living such as laundry, changing linens, warming up meals, etc.
- Expected to maintain communication regarding all client care needs and changes and make appropriate reports
Requirements of the Position:
- A vehicle with valid auto insurance an asset
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to become certified)
- Must be a certified PSW or International Nurse
- Experience with 2-person transfers preferred but not required - training will be provided as needed
- Experience with all forms of personal care
- Must be a team player and willing to work with other Home Instead CG’s
- Experience with Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, etc is an preferred but not required
- Home Instead requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 from all employees, with the exception of those who require accommodation under applicable human rights legislation.
- Home Instead does not participate in international sponsorships.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.