Be A Santa To A Senior 2017

1. Home
  2. To Us, It's Personal Blog
  3. Be-A-Santa-To-A-Senior-2017

Be A Santa To A Senior 2017

3 stories for you...

This year, Be a Santa to a Senior was in a different form than usual - we invited our volunteers to create their own outreach and they sure did! We look forward to working with volunteers who continue to support this community project next year. In the meantime, please take a look at these stories from individuals and groups who gave the gift of time with seniors living in long term care over the past few weeks.

3023.PNG

1

1sm.jpgOn December 15, 2017, members of the Hugh Cairns V.C. School Student Leader Corps along with a handful of teachers visited Sherbrooke Community Center, bringing games and snacks to the Friday night game club.2.jpg

Students gave the gift of their time to Elders as they played games, visited and made memories.

Students raised money by collecting recyclables which they used topurchase the games and snacks.  A special thank you to Todd Hiebert for making and donating wooden card holders for the Elders.

Thank you too to Ruth Gosselin for setting up our visit.  This event marks the fourth year Hugh Cairns V.C. school has been a part of the Be a Santa For a Senior initiative organized by Home Instead Senior Care.

3023.PNG

2

K+S Potash (Heather Richinski and crew) spent time with residents of St. Ann's Special Care Home. See more great pics here:

3sm.jpg 4sm.jpg

KSPC was thrilled to once again "Be a Santa to a Senior" as we delivered gifts to all the residents at St. Ann's Seniors Citizen's Village this afternoon. We are so grateful to our amazing colleagues for fulfilling the Christmas gift wishes of 80 seniors.

This is a truly heartwarming employee initiative! 

3023.PNG

3

Christie Zacharias and a group of family and friends visited with some of the residents of Circle Drive Special Care Home.

5.jpg     6.jpg

Check out these pics!

Christie posted on her facebook page:

I *miss* having Grandparents. But we had a heart-filling afternoon at Circle Drive Special Care Home today. One precious lady told me "My days are so long...you made today go so fast". I owe so many a deep debt of gratitude- this visit came together so easily because of the generous hearts of all of you who provided gifts. A special thank you to Karen, Katie, Breanne and Cheryl and your students for the cards/gifts- they were SO appreciated by the residents. Karen Lilly, thank you for making this such a great day - you tirelessly create such joy for so many people - you are SO good at your job. And Greg Charyna from Home Instead Senior Care, thank you for being the inspiration for this - without your incredibly positive experiences in years past, I would never have attempted this or have known the need. I can't wait to partner up next year (I will be harassing you starting in...February..?!)! Merry Christmas with gratitude to all of you. If you want to be part of this next year, please let me know!

3023.PNG

Merry Christmas!

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season

and a Happy New Year!

Comments

There are no comments on this post.
Looking for advice?

Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.

Sign up for advice

Please select at least one newsletter.
Valid email address is required
View sample
View sample
View sample
By submitting your email address, you consent to receive emails from Home Instead, Inc. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy or contact us for more details.