Seniors need help to stay home and stay safe. They need us and we need you.
Start a rewarding job as a CAREGIVER!
Do you have a passion for supporting seniors with dignity, pride, love and compassion? We are looking for reliable individuals with energy, sparkle and compassion for the elderly who can offer individual personalized care. If your work ethic is to be a good listener, have an eye for detail, be patient, kind and respectful, then you will find working with our team very rewarding.
Our CAREGivers pride themselves in delivering outstanding service to assist our lovely clients in their own home surroundings. As a CAREGiver you will be matched to a few older adults for ongoing weekly visits to support their independent living.
You don’t need any prior health care experience or certificates to become a CAREGiver. You bring the heart and we provide you with world class training and support to help you become a successful, professional CAREGiver.
CAREGIVER NON-MEDICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Companionship and building relationships
- Preparing a variety of nutritious, simple meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming for males and females
- Care for those living with dementia
- Escorts on errands, shopping, outings, appointments
- Engaging clients in activities (hobbies, games, crafts)
MORE ABOUT SCHEDULING :
- We offer part-time hours, up to 30 hours per week.
- Shifts are available during the day, evening, weekend and overnight.
- Preference given to candidates offering Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday availability.
- We do not hire for only summer employment, however, if you can reliably work throughout the year, you are welcome to apply.
- Shifts are a minimum of 3 hours each.
- To successfully build a CAREGiver’s schedule we work with the ongoing weekly availability (same days and times) you can reliably offer.
- Our goal is to match a CAREGiver to a few clients for ongoing weekly visits based on availability, background and personality. CAREGivers who provide a wide range of availability stay busy.
- Our client's care needs change regularly and as such we do not guarantee CAREGivers any number of hours or a regular routine, so if you need a steady schedule and income this may not be the job for you.
- If you are looking for 30+ hours, ask us about our CAREER CAREGiver position.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A CAREGIVER :
- Excellent communication ability and congenial manner
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a high adult level
- Physical ability to perform routine household and personal care duties
- Full access to own vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Background checks: driver’s abstract and criminal record check
- One full year experience driving in Saskatoon
- Starting wages are $13.00 and $14.00 depending on the services being provided - wages increase as training is completed.
- Candidates with Continuing Care Aide Certificate, LPN or RN may be considered for wages ranging from $14.50 to $15.50 per hour.
- 10 hour sleepover night shifts pay up to $125.00
- All required training is paid.
Join us and learn why Home Instead is the world leader in enhancing the lives of older adults and supporting families. Home Instead's mandate is to promote active and healthy living and to extend life with highest quality. We accomplish this through person-centered and relationship-based care, focusing on relationships and providing personalized and individualized care solutions. As an essential service provider, our CAREGivers are serving clients throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, using comprehensive safety protocols and PPE.
We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.