CAREGiver Part-time and Full-time positions available.
Seniors need help to stay home and stay safe. They need us and we need you.
Start a rewarding job as a Care Professional with Home Instead!
Do you have a passion for supporting older adults with dignity, joy and love? We are looking for reliable individuals with energy, sparkle and compassion for older adults who are willing to serve. If your work ethic is to be a good listener, have an eye for detail, be patient, kind and respectful, then you will find working with our team very rewarding.
Our Care Pros pride themselves in delivering outstanding service to assist our lovely clients in their own home surroundings. You will be matched to a few older adults for ongoing weekly visits to support their independent living.
Part-time and Full-time positions available. Men and women, young and older adults are welcome to apply. You don’t need any prior health care experience or certificates to become a Care Pro with Home Instead. You bring the heart and we will provide you with world class training and support to help you become a successful Care Professional!
- Companionship and building relationships
- Preparing a variety of nutritious, simple meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming for males and females
- Care for those living with dementia
- Escorts on errands, shopping, outings, appointments
- Engaging clients in activities (hobbies, games, crafts)
Job benefit #1 REWARDING WORK !
If you enjoy home making and helping others you will find these duties provide a fulfilling job experience.
MORE ABOUT SCHEDULING :
- We offer part-time hours, up to 40+ hours per week.
- Shifts are available during the morning, afternoon, evening, weekend and overnight. Care Pros who provide a wide range of availability stay busy.
- To successfully build a Care Pro's schedule we work with the ongoing weekly availability (same days and times) you can reliably offer.
- Care Pros offering Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday availability fulfill their desired hours quickly.
- Shifts are a minimum of 3 hours each and up to 10 hours per day.
You will love being matched with a few clients for ongoing weekly visits based on your mutual enjoyment of the relationship.
Job benefit #3 CAREER TRACK !
Our Care Professionals receive promotions based on performance; Lead Care Professionals mentor new Caregivers & Full Time Care Professionals earn more and receive a variety of benefits.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A CARE PROFESSIONAL :
- Excellent communication ability and congenial manner
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a high adult level
- Physical ability to perform routine household and personal care duties
- Full access to own vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Background checks: driver’s abstract and criminal record check
- One full year experience driving in Saskatoon
- Starting wages range from $14 - $17 per hour.
- Compensation includes mileage @ $0.84 per km, vacation pay, WCB coverage.
- Candidates with Continuing Care Aide Certificate, LPN or RN may be considered for differential wages.
- Guaranteed hours, improved wages and extended health benefits are offered to FULL TIME CARE PROFESSIONALS
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY !
We care about older adults and work closely and respectfully with their families to ensure their excellent care. We also involve ourselves in the community through Be A Santa To A Senior, The Walk For Memories and other Company programs.
TRAINING & SUPPORT !
Home Instead provides robust training resources through a required curriculum of materials. All required training is paid. Wages increase as training is completed.
ELEVATING THE ROLE OF CARE PROFESSIONALS !
We care for Care Professionals through fair scheduling, systematic feedback, counselling support, and our Caregiver Awards program (check it out on our website).
HIGH TECH HIGH TOUCH !
Care Professionals work closely with our administrative staff through secure digital data sharing which makes our team highly responsive and efficient.
INCREASING THE WORLD's CAPACITY TO CARE !
Join our team and learn why Home Instead is the world leader in enhancing the lives of older adults and supporting families.
Home Instead's mandate is to promote active and healthy living and to extend life with highest quality. We accomplish this through person-centered and relationship-based care, focusing on relationships and providing personalized and individualized care solutions. As an essential service provider, our Caregivers are serving clients throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, using comprehensive infection cotnrol protocols and PPE.
We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.