Seniors need help to stay home and stay safe. They need us and we need you.
Are you looking for employment in a robust and growing organization with opportunities for advancement? Home Instead is currently hiring CAREGivers with leadership qualities and open availability including weekends.
Do you have a passion for supporting seniors with dignity, pride, love and compassion? We are looking for reliable individuals with energy, sparkle and sincere interest in private senior care. If your work ethic is to be a good listener, to have an eye for detail, be patient, kind and respectful, then you will find working with our team very rewarding.
Our CAREGivers pride themselves in delivering outstanding service to our clients in their home surroundings. As a CAREGiver, you will be matched to a few older adults for ongoing weekly visits to support their independent living.
We provide world-class training and support to help you become a successful, professional CAREGiver. Prior healthcare experience is an asset.
CAREGIVER NON-MEDICAL DUTIES INCLUDE :
- Companionship and building relationships
- Preparing a variety of nutritious, simple meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming for males and females
- Care for those living with Alzheimer’s, other types of dementia or mental conditions
- Escorts on errands, shopping, outings, appointments
- Engaging clients in activities (hobbies, games, crafts)
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A CAREER CAREGIVER :
- One year of experience caring for an older adult in a professional setting, including:
- Care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other dementias and
- Hands on assistance with personal care. (ie. bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting and managing incontinence)
- Excellent communication ability and congenial manner
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a high adult level
- Physical ability to perform routine household, personal care duties, pet care
- Ability to work in various living environments and locations throughout Saskatoon
- Background checks: driver’s abstract and criminal record check
- Full access to own vehicle for every scheduled shift, including valid auto insurance
- One full year of driving experience in Saskatoon
THE CAREER CAREGIVER SCHEDULE INVOLVES:
- Up to 40 hours per week
- Shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and three additional weekdays
- Shift on mornings, afternoons, or evenings as required by the company (overnight shifts are optional)
- Starting wages range from $14 - $17 per hour.
- Wages increase as training is completed.
- Compensation includes mileage @ $0.59 per km, vacation pay, WCB coverage.
- All required training is paid.
- Candidates with Continuing Care Aide Certificate, LPN or RN may be considered for differential wages.
Join us and learn why Home Instead is the world leader in enhancing the lives of older adults and supporting families. Home Instead's mandate is to promote active and healthy living and to extend life with highest quality. We accomplish this through person-centered and relationship-based care, focusing on relationships and providing personalized and individualized care solutions. As an essential service provider, our CAREGivers are serving clients throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, using comprehensive safety protocols and PPE.
We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.