Daily Companion: Available on Android Phones
This is not the time in her life when “Michelle” thought she would be facing this challenge. She is a 40-something, married, mother of two (both under 10), and until recently her biggest challenge was maintaining a work/home life balance. On top of just dealing with the balancing-act of a full-time job, bakes sales, soccer games, etc. she also provides care for her father, Jim, who has Alzheimer’s. She is exhausted, confused and overwhelmed.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease can be a frightening and challenging task!
If you’re caring for a senior with Alzheimer’s or other dementia you have help in the form of an app new to Android phones – Alzheimers Daily Companion. You can download this app for free and use it to find tips, ask questions, offer support and find Alzheimer’s care services in your area.
The app includes over 500 searchable tips and practical solutions sourced from the Home Instead network and the Alzheimer’s and other dementias caregiving community. The foundation of the content is a book published by Home Instead called “Confidence to Care.” The app is a companion piece to the book in order to give caregivers, in need and on-the-go, immediate and easy to access advice for any situation.
- Free and immediate advice and tips for dealing with Alzheimer’s and dementia behaviors and situations.
- 24-hour caregiving assistance available via toll free phone number or email submission.
- Access to free Alzheimer’s and other dementias caregiver resources and training materials.
- Caregivers sharing their own advice through a collection mechanism provided in the app
- Ability to access all of the solutions and tips without Internet connectivity.
- Built-in rating system for caregivers to rate each tip so other caregivers benefit from their insight and evaluation of the advice.
This app will help build “Michelle’s” confidence to be able to provide care for her father and will arm her with immediate tips and practical advice for all of the behaviors and situations they face on a daily basis. She can search for information regarding her particular circumstance and needs, and the app will return immediate and relevant answers. These tips are compiled by experts as well as family caregivers dealing with Alzheimer’s or other dementia illnesses.
Now, Michelle and other caregivers everywhere have a reason to rejoice! Help has found its way via Molly, Home Instead, and her android phone.
Additional Important Resources
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Call for a free personalized Care Consultation (905) 276-2273
Service Area: The office of Home Instead Senior Care in Mississauga services the following areas: All Mississauga including: Clarkson, Cooksville, Dixie, Erin Mills, Erindale, Lakeview, Lorne Park, Port Credit, Sheridan, Streetsville