Answers from the Caring Team at Home Instead
Balancing a career with children and a spouse or partner is hard enough. Add caring for a senior loved one, and you are bound to feel overwhelmed quickly, if you don’t have help. Maybe you have toyed with the idea of hiring someone to sit with your mom a couple of afternoons a week, or possibly you have asked Dad’s neighbour to check in on him. It is hard to know if you are doing the right thing unless you look into the services of a home care agency.
Gain peace of mind that Mom can live in her home for as long as possible when you enlist the services of Home Instead Senior Care Mississauga. Our highly-trained team provides senior care at home with services that include household duties, meal preparation, personal care, and companionship. We are committed to making it possible for you to keep up with your busy life and still care for your aging parent.
5 Benefits of Utilizing Homecare Services
You may have thought about hiring help but are unsure if the benefits are worth it. We think you will agree that after you read through these five benefits, you will ask yourself what took so long to make the decision!
- Mom does not have to be left alone. Let’s face reality. Most of us living in the Sandwich Generation not only have duties to our parents, but we are also raising our own family and probably have a career. You cannot be with Mom 24/7, and if you live in a different city or province, it is much harder. Homecare services ensure that she is not alone and her needs are met.
- Dad can have support with daily activities. Sometimes our loved ones need a little assistance with day-to-day care. It is possible to get Dad some help with bathing, grooming, and medication reminders while letting him maintain his dignity.
- Recovering from illness at home is possible. Many people prefer to get home as quickly as possible after staying in the hospital. Senior caregivers make this possible with nursing care, palliative care, and critical services.
- Better nutrition and diet support. Cooking for one gets lonely. Also, it is much easier to get into a rut and start eating poorly. Home healthcare providers help seniors eat more nutritious meals to support their health so that they can enjoy life fully.
- Help with light household duties. Sometimes Mom or Dad can take care of most things but need help with items like laundry, vacuuming, or dishes. This ensures their home is maintained and remains a healthy environment.
Stop Sitting on the Fence – Home Instead Senior Care is the Easy Choice
No more questioning if getting help for your loved one is essential. Enjoy the five benefits listed above and many, many more when you hire one of our highly-trained caregivers from Home Instead Senior Care. Talk with us today about a custom-tailored plan that fits the needs of you and your aging parent.
Additional Important Resources
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Call for a free personalized Care Consultation (905) 276-2273
Service Area: The office of Home Instead Senior Care in Mississauga services the following areas: All Mississauga including: Clarkson, Cooksville, Dixie, Erin Mills, Erindale, Lakeview, Lorne Park, Port Credit, Sheridan, Streetsville