Want to be a Home Care Hero?
If you want to make a difference with the seniors in your community and work with a team that cares about your needs, look no further. At Home Instead, caring is our passion! – it starts with our CAREGivers.
As a Home Instead CAREGiver, your job will be to help seniors thrive in their home. Caring for seniors is a labour of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. Becoming a professional CAREGiver is a unique job with many joys and rewards, responsibilities and challenges – both physical and emotional. As a Home Instead CAREGiver you’ll meet wonderful people, build fulfilling relationships, and make a difference in the lives of the seniors in your community.
Care you will provide One on One:
- Personal Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Transportation to appointments, errands, outings
- Meal preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Dementia Care
Why Join the Home Instead Team?
- No medical experience necessary – we focus on finding amazing people and developing the skill set necessary
- Variable shifts
- Availability to work 15 hrs or more per week. (shifts are days, evenings and overnight plus either a Saturday or Sunday)
- Want to work more hours? Provide open availability and potential for full time hours is a possibility.
- All training is provided and paid
- A support team in the office 24/7
- Recognition of the important work you do
- Hourly rates of pay are $19 - $21 per hour effective Oct 1st
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits – when employed for 24 hrs or more per week
- Must be able to lift 25 lb/11.3 Kilo, walking, standing, stooping, bending
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Reliable Vehicle
- Confirmation of COVID vaccination will be required
Our current CAREGivers recently posted:
"Great support from office staff, flexibility of hours, but most importantly being able to feel like you are doing a job that is providing a helpful service. One gets to meet some very special people and work does not always feel like work."
"I like that there is always someone there to help or listen to what you need and that everybody works together to give the client the best care.”
"They really care about us; not just our work, but who we are.”
"The amazing communication! The incredible friendliness of the office and the patience they have for how often I call with concerns or questions, and how they even check up on us to see how we are doing mentally and physically with our clients and our lives. The best job I’ve ever had!!! Seriously!!! Such a Team!!”
Are you a house keeper, cleaner, baker, chef, server, teacher care aide? Becoming a CAREGiver with Home Instead, could be an excellent fit for a new career path for you!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.