Useful Suggestions from the Home Instead Team
As kids, many of us probably fought sleep. It is a good thing our parents were savvy and put us on a bedtime routine that included things like a regular bedtime and a warm bath. As adults, we get to make the decisions on what time we lay down for some shut-eye. One of the issues that many seniors face as they age is lack of sleep. Lying awake in the wee hours of the morning is no way to spend your golden years.
Sleep like a baby again when you take proactive steps. At Home Instead Senior Care, our caregivers can assist you in developing new routines for better rest, completing light household duties, and cooking nutritious meals. We are here to serve you and your family so you can continue aging at home.
7 Helpful Tips for a Better Night’s Sleep
Before you resign yourself to never sleeping well again, consider utilizing these suggestions:
- Determine how many hours you need. You may not need eight hours every night. You might be able to function on seven. The point is to get the amount of sleep that leaves you feeling rested and energetic the next day.
- Set a regular bedtime (even on weekends). It helps to make it a point of going to bed and getting up at the same times every day of the week. This includes weekends.
- Take a warm bath before hitting the hay. The warm water will help relax you and make you feel more tired.
- Turn off all electronics an hour before bed. By removing the electronic devices, you take away the additional stimulation that your brain needs to overcome. Instead, try reading a book or listening to soft music.
- Make your bedroom hallowed ground for sleep only. If you start tossing and turning, get up, and go into another room until you are tired enough to sleep. This helps train your brain that the bedroom is only for sleep.
- Get outside during the day when possible. When you get out, you are telling your body when it is time to be awake. It can help with the natural rhythm of your body.
- Add daily exercise to your day. Doing some activities each day can wear you out and give your body the desire it needs to sleep.
Stop Counting Sheep and Get Better Rest
Home Instead Can Help
No one wants to spend their days tired and drained because of a lack of sleep. Instead, focus on reclaiming your bedroom and set up regular routines so that you can make the most of your days. The professional caregivers at Home Instead Senior Care Etobicoke are eager to assist you in developing a plan of action for better rest at night. We also assist with various tasks, including transportation, cooking, personal care, and respite care. When you need a personal support worker, give us a call.
Additional Important information
Our In-home Care Services: We offer dependable, compassionate elderly in-home care services that can help people at any point within the aging process. We’ll work with you to develop a personalized care plan tailored to help fit your family’s needs.
Other Senior Care Services: There are many unexpected situations for which you are not prepared. Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON can help your family dealing with your special circumstances. Here some of our additional senior care services.
FAQ: Please visit our FAQ section to get answers to your questions about in home senior care in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Call for a free personalized Care Consultation (416) 239-2200
The office of Home Instead Senior Care in Etobicoke services the following areas: All Etobicoke including: Kingsway, Mimico, Longbranch, Islington, Richview, The Community of Humber Heights, Rexdale, Markland Woods.