Fathers are special. Think back to your childhood and consider the many ways your dad contributed to your life. How many baseballs did he catch while you were practicing for your high school team? How many things did he teach you to fix? Even if he was worn out from a long day at work, he was there every evening to make time around the supper table to discuss the day with you.
Celebrating Father’s Day is one way to show dad how much he means to you. The question is, what do you give a man who has given you so much? The good news is most fathers are pretty straightforward. So, finding gift ideas can be easy. It only requires a little time and effort on your part.
At Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON, we support elders and their families with personal care services and companionship, so we know a few ways you can make your dad feel special.
5 Gifts You Can Give Dad for Father’s Day
The more your dad ages, the more he needs you. Show him how much you care. Here are some tips and activities to make the day special for both of you:
- Field trip to a favourite spot: Think back to some of your childhood vacation destinations. Was there a spot you returned to again and again? Where did you go as a kid to build special memories? Take your dad to a place that he is fond of. Maybe it is the town he grew up in; perhaps there is a secret fishing hole. Getting him out for the day to rediscover old haunts can be a great bonding time for both of you. Take your children along so that they can build new memories with grandpa.
- Host a movie or video game night: Is your father a John Wayne fan? Did he play a sport when he was younger? Why not accompany him for an evening of his favourite movies or let him indulge his competitive streak with a video or board game with the children. Allow him to choose. Not only will he feel special, but you and your family will have loads of fun together.
- Help him with his to-do list: Your “honey-do” list is never complete. Neither is your father’s. Why not take an afternoon to help him get several projects done around the house? Both of you will feel better knowing they are completed.
- Talk about his favourite memories: Dad may not be a man of many words, but your life will be enriched if you take some time to let him talk. Encourage him to share a favourite childhood memory or a particular moment with your mom before you came along. Let him reminisce while you enjoy the opportunity to see this man as more than just a father.
- Host a video reunion: In today’s environment, many families are spread out over countries across the world. Planning a traditional family reunion is not easy with the busy lives we all lead. Use video conferencing software such as Skype or Zoom to gather family members across the globe and enjoy a virtual Father’s Day celebration together.
Show Extra Love with Expert Elder Care Assistance
Celebrate dad in new and fun ways that will bring a smile to his face and fill his heart with warmth. Go the extra mile by providing him with assistance from Home Instead Senior Care. Our caregivers are highly-trained to assist the elderly with their day-to-day activities. Whether dad needs companionship, personal care or 24 hours support, we are always here to help. We work with families to tailor the level of attention to meet your loved one’s needs.
Additional Important information
Other Senior Care Services: There are many unexpected situations for which you are not prepared. Home Instead Senior Care Kitchener-Waterloo, ON can help your family dealing with your special circumstances. Here some of our additional senior care services.
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Quality Care: We are commitment to provide quality care for our clients. Read more about our Quality Home Care.
FAQ: Please visit our FAQ section to get answers to your questions about in home senior care in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.