A Breakdown from the Caring Team at Home Instead
When it comes to caring for your elderly loved ones, you have many options. Often, we only consider nursing homes when Mom gets a little wobbly on her feet. The reality is there are many different types of services, and some can be provided in the comfort of your mom’s home. Even if she is recovering from an illness, she can have help in her house where she will be the most comfortable.
Let Mom and Dad age in their home for as long as possible when you consider other options. The caring team from Home Instead is always ready to lend a helping hand to give you and your parents the support you need. You can all rest easier when we assist with household duties, meal preparation, personal care, and even companionship.
Some types of home care services to take advantage of
When a personal support worker comes into your or your senior’s home, they ensure you can live safely and independently. What can you expect out of the type of home care services available? Here is a shortlist:
- Companionship. Many of us have to work, preventing us from spending time 24/7 with Mom or Dad. Seniors shouldn’t feel lonely. A senior caregiver can come in and play games, chat, or help with gardening.
- Personal Care. Sometimes your senior needs some help with daily activities such as bathing, toileting, incontinence care, personal hygiene, dressing, and grooming. A personal support worker (PSW) can step in for assistance.
- Meals and Nutrition. One area you may stress about is if Dad is getting enough to eat. This service helps with menu planning, recipe research, grocery shopping, meal preparation, and creating an inviting table to encourage eating.
- Transportation. Make sure Mom gets to all her appointments with the help of transportation services from Home Instead. We can get her to doctor’s or dentist’s appointments, the hairdresser, medical testing, or religious ceremonies, and more.
- Respite Care. There is even some help for you as the caregiver! When you need some time for yourself for lunch with friends or a break in general, respite care is your next step. It can be for a few hours or a little longer. You will come back ready to continue your caregiver duties.
Home Instead Makes It Possible for You and Your Senior to Enjoy Life at Home
Choose to let Mom and Dad age in their home when you enlist the services of Home Instead Mississauga. Our highly-trained caregivers understand the needs of the elderly and are happy to help make your life much more comfortable. We support seniors and their families so everyone can live life to its fullest.
Additional Important Resources
Benefits: Learn how home care benefits you and your family.
Call for a free personalized Care Consultation (905) 276-2273
Service Area: The office of Home Instead Senior Care in Mississauga services the following areas: All Mississauga including: Clarkson, Cooksville, Dixie, Erin Mills, Erindale, Lakeview, Lorne Park, Port Credit, Sheridan, Streetsville